Yousef Makki | Coroner concludes that he was unlawfully killed (p15)

Remember his name as we will be back here in a few years when he decides to kill someone else

bookmark it

The overwhelming majority of murder trials end in a murder (rather than manslaughter) conviction and nearly all are defended (and prosecuted) by QCs, which suggests having a silk defending doesn’t usually make any difference to the outcome. Much of the time, advocacy is a marginal art. If someone’s made their mind up, there’s no changing it, no matter how persuasive the alternative viewpoint is presented (especially when there’s a dead body).

The Brexit thread provides clear evidence of this!
Not to mention FFP!

The boy who stabbed his friend to death has now been named.

To get away with such a lenient sentence for his crime is why I have no faith at all in the British justice system.
That's as maybe but I'd rather put my faith in a justice system,jury and due process than rely on the alternative sadly favoured by some on here which is instant justice based on hearsay and prejudice.

No system is without failings,whether they occurred in this case or not I don't know as I didn't sit through the trial as I expect the majority on here didn't either.

That's as maybe but I'd rather put my faith in a justice system,jury and due process than rely on the alternative sadly favoured by some on here which is instant justice based on hearsay and prejudice.

No system is without failings,whether they occurred in this case or not I don't know as I didn't sit through the trial as I expect the majority on here didn't either.
The defendants evidence was based on that premise that they were acting in self defence. Unfortunately there are only three people who know if this is true and one of them is dead.

I still can't believe some people are defending a guy who stuck a knife thought a fellow humans heart. Whatever terminology you use to describe what he did, at the end of the day he stabbed a lad to death. This type of verdict is one of the main reasons kids act like pricks nowadays because there's no deterrent. Stick him away for 15 years and it might make a few of his mates think twice before they arm themselves with a knife.

Wonder if Molnar's family feel guilty now:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/yousef-makki-debbie-makki-manchester-124244265.html

The mother of a grammar school boy who was stabbed to death in an affluent Cheshire village has died, her family said.

Yousef Makki, 17, a scholarship boy at Manchester Grammar School, was knifed in the heart by his friend, former public schoolboy Joshua Molnar, 18, during a fight in upmarket Hale Barns on March 2 last year.

On Sunday, the family said his mother Debbie Makki had died.

A post on the Facebook page Justice for Yousef Makki, written by his sister Jade Akoum, said: “24th of May at 4am my beautiful strong mum Debbie Makki peacefully passed away.

“God rest your soul, at least you are with Yousef now, we told him we needed you here a bit longer but you had to be together!

“I seen you over the fence twice in 12 weeks because I was worried about you with corona and we said we would all have a big party once it was all over.

“We love you so so much, I didn’t think my heart could take any more pain and loss and grief.

“Please say a prayer for her soul today and pray for my little brother who has lost two of the closest people to him in the space of a year and all of us that have been left behind.

“Mum died with a broken heart and we knew she wanted justice for Yousef and I promise you mum we wont give up until we get it for you.”

Molnar, from a wealthy Cheshire family, was cleared of Yousef’s murder and manslaughter following a trial at Manchester Crown Court last July when he claimed he acted in self-defence.

He admitted possession of a knife and perverting the course of justice and was given 16 months in custody.

A second defendant, who can only be identified as Boy B, was convicted of possession of a knife and sentenced to a four-month detention order.

He was cleared of perverting the course of justice and along with Molnar was found not guilty of a single charge of conspiracy to robbery.

Debbie and the family have been calling for a full inquest into Yousef’s death, and at a pre-inquest hearing in February their legal representative Matthew Stanbury said matters surrounding the teenager’s death “have not been sufficiently aired”.

In October, Debbie gave a speech at an anti-knife crime summit in Manchester.

Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham was among those to pay tribute to her.

He wrote on Twitter: “So so sorry to hear this news. And after everything the family has been through.

“Debbie was such a lovely person and deserved so much more. My love to them all.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.