Youth League Knock Out Round

lancs blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
SlimShadyRus said:
What are the chances of this match being brodcasted? on Eurosport or on mcfc youtube channel? I'd say they are high but neither u21 internationals, nor Youth FA Cup matches were broadcasted...

As it's Barca, I would say it's a decent chance but still not a certainty.

It's Schalke we're playing in the UEFA Youth League.

Yeah sorry forgot.

SlimShadyRus said:
ColinLee said:
lancs blue said:
It's Schalke we're playing in the UEFA Youth League.
It doesn't look as if Schalke routinely stream their youth matches (it's a pity it's not Barcelona in that respect).
Why would Schalke stream the match they play at Mini-had?
Because if they did stream their home games there was always a slight chance they might have got permission to film it at the Mini-Etihad. Sadly it looks like that's not happening.
I'm hopeful City have plans for a City TV channel at some point although I suppose the numbers wouldn't support that right now.

ColinLee said:
SlimShadyRus said:
ColinLee said:
It doesn't look as if Schalke routinely stream their youth matches (it's a pity it's not Barcelona in that respect).
Because if they did stream their home games there was always a slight chance they might have got permission to film it at the Mini-Etihad. Sadly it looks like that's not happening.
I'm hopeful City have plans for a City TV channel at some point although I suppose the numbers wouldn't support that right now.

If you can't make the game. Manchester City U19 v Schalke U19 24/02 3:45pm Eurosport HD

yakzson_ctid.Si said:
ColinLee said:
SlimShadyRus said:

If you can't make the game. Manchester City U19 v Schalke U19 24/02 3:45pm Eurosport HD

That's good news. Maybe a new thread for the match would do it with the added info about it being on Eurosport also. I guess many don't know that.

Somewhat off-topic but I'm watching Real Madrid vs. Porto in the UEFA Youth League and neither impresses me as much as City's U19 team has so far. Countless misplaced passes and bad decisions made. Perhaps we really do have one of the best academies in Europe, it's just the final stages of development where we and other English teams seem to struggle/fail while these clubs send their kids into the B teams in professional setups.

LoveCity said:
Somewhat off-topic but I'm watching Real Madrid vs. Porto in the UEFA Youth League and neither impresses me as much as City's U19 team has so far. Countless misplaced passes and bad decisions made. Perhaps we really do have one of the best academies in Europe, it's just the final stages of development where we and other English teams seem to struggle/fail while these clubs send their kids into the B teams in professional setups.
Why is it that fans can see the glaring problem in the youth set-ups but the people paid to oversee the England national teams seem oblivious?

ColinLee said:
LoveCity said:
Why is it that fans can see the glaring problem in the youth set-ups but the people paid to oversee the England national teams seem oblivious?

Well, the idea of B teams was pitched and knocked back by our snobby footballing country which thinks its way is the best.

Real vs. Porto has gone to penalties and these are two very average sides with one or two exceptions. There's no one out there who has impressed me as much as Barker or Ambrose. Based on what I've seen in the Youth League, the English academies have natural talents just as good as the big name foreign academies - especially City and Chelsea.

LoveCity said:
ColinLee said:
LoveCity said:

Well, the idea of B teams was pitched and knocked back by our snobby footballing country which thinks its way is the best.

Real vs. Porto has gone to penalties and these are two very average sides with one or two exceptions. There's no one out there who has impressed me as much as Barker or Ambrose. Based on what I've seen in the Youth League, the English academies have natural talents just as good as the big name foreign academies - especially City and Chelsea.

It's easy to say that as City fans in the premier league but imagine how we'd feel if we were still in the old third division and found out that potentially several of our 'peers', maybe even us, were gonna be kicked out of league football despite all efforts to get there, potentially rendering the clubs bankrupt, and that we'd have to play a bunch of kids in front of absolutely nobody every week. How do you solve that? Why would the football league clubs accept that? They have absolutely no reason to.

I agree it'd be great for City, but i can't see any fair way of doing it.

squirtyflower said:
It is at the mini-had
bit annoyed that they have pushed the kick off time back an hour tbh as i usually come in to watch these games then go into town for a drink and a bite to eat before the main affair

what time is it now? the OS doesn't seem to be working for me

if it's too late I may have to skip it as I quite like my pre-match beers (& burgers)

twosips said:
How do you solve that? Why would the football league clubs accept that? They have absolutely no reason to.

They planned to create a League Three between League Two and the Conference with 10 B teams and 10 Conference teams promoted. There, it works and enhances the development of high-level young players in this country and subsequently helps the national team. If many other countries can pull off B teams, England could. The U21 league is rubbish and not a good pathway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.