Youth Players..

Mattyc55

Do we actually have any top ones? Surely there are some youngsters coming through that are as good as the likes of Javi Garcia... We've not produced any for AGES, which is quite worrying considering the amount of money we seem to be putting into it. If you think of United (even though they let them go), they could have had Morrison, Januzaj and Pogba all in their side this season as products of their academy. It seems like we haven't given anyone a proper chance for ages, but i'm not really clued up on the EDS other than Lopes (who still seems a bit raw) so it would be nice to hear what those who watch them think on the matter..

It would be great to have seen some young, hungry talent on the pitch today as i'm sure they would have put in a lot more effort than some of the more experienced players who didn't seem to give a toss in that first half.

Is anyone actually good enough to play a squad role for us?

Mattyc55 said:
Do we actually have any top ones? Surely there are some youngsters coming through that are as good as the likes of Javi Garcia... We've not produced any for AGES, which is quite worrying considering the amount of money we seem to be putting into it. If you think of United (even though they let them go), they could have had Morrison, Januzaj and Pogba all in their side this season as products of their academy. It seems like we haven't given anyone a proper chance for ages, but i'm not really clued up on the EDS other than Lopes (who still seems a bit raw) so it would be nice to hear what those who watch them think on the matter..

It would be great to have seen some young, hungry talent on the pitch today as i'm sure they would have put in a lot more effort than some of the more experienced players who didn't seem to give a toss in that first half.

Is anyone actually good enough to play a squad role for us?

I think you answered your own question, there!

Here's a handy list of all graduates out and about currently.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy#Academy_graduates_.281998.E2.80.93present.29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester ... present.29</a>

There aren't many high profile names there, but this is probably true of most clubs. The rumours are that our u16 teams are starting to look very special, and we do have a good few players coming through, I do agree that there doesn't seem to be many that look to be breaking through THIS VERY MOMENT though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.