Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

How does one "praise" the wrong notion in the first place?

Remember, when Zabba came over, it was EXPECTED that continental players should just 'adapt' to the Prem! Now we know there has to a grace period to adjust, most of the time! I saw his quality before and hoped he'd prove me right.

You and the poster may have seen him as a "journeyman", but not me or others that give players a chance to settle.

Okay, maybe you should trot on and find the thread from years ago and read it or something, the things you will read in there from a lot of posters are, I wish he would stop giving fucking stupid fouls away on the edge of the box, he is a yellow card waiting to happen, he is nowhere near Micah's level.

Not once have i said that was my view on Zabs, so now you are the one insinuating shit.

If you are too fucking thick to understand the other posters post then that is your outlook at the end of the day, he called him the best fullback in the prem and you called him a twat, not sure how that makes you the top fan you think you are.

I see you chose to ignore the my other post, not really shocking tbh, it really is all about who's the biggest blue for some folk :/

I always had Zaba down as a Status Quo man. Journey have only ever done one good song.

Really ?

He said Zabs went from a journeyman footballer to the best fullback in the prem, how is that him slagging him off ?

There was plenty of people on here that thought Zabs was poor in his first season and wanted Micah back as right back after his injury problems, that is why Zabs is liked by us fans, he grew with the squad as we got better and better and as the poster said he became the best right back in the prem during Mancini's reign.

So give over yourself calling people a daft twat for nothing.

Edit journeyman also implies not a top class player, but yes the other poster is right originally you would call a player of many clubs a journeyman footballer, descriptions do change or get blurred overtime.

If you didn't understand the original posters intent with his praise then there is no helping you really.
Very true.

Okay, maybe you should trot on and find the thread from years ago and read it or something, the things you will read in there from a lot of posters are, I wish he would stop giving fucking stupid fouls away on the edge of the box, he is a yellow card waiting to happen, he is nowhere near Micah's level.

Not once have i said that was my view on Zabs, so now you are the one insinuating shit.

If you are too fucking thick to understand the other posters post then that is your outlook at the end of the day, he called him the best fullback in the prem and you called him a twat, not sure how that makes you the top fan you think you are.

I see you chose to ignore the my other post, not really shocking tbh, it really is all about who's the biggest blue for some folk :/

Maybe you should read the "journeyman" bit before he added the "praise", eh?

Maybe you're too thick to realise this was an inaccurate observation to begin with so any post you so gallantly replied with is irrelevant.

Have I cursed him for anything else? No, so wind your fooking neck in!

It's not about beind the Bestestest Blue Ever, it's about being accurate.

I certainly remember the Zabba threads of the time, he was one of the players who signed just before the money came in. Everyone took to him immediately because of his commitment and the full bloodied way he went into every thing he did on the pitch. He was also high on everyone's list of players who would have to be sold because they weren't as good as what we were now apparently aiming for. To everyone's surprise and delight, he seemed to improve every single day. Nearly every single poster on BM back then didn't think Zabba would be good enough and nearly every single poster was delighted to be proved wrong.
I hope he comes back and proves us all wrong again.

I certainly remember the Zabba threads of the time, he was one of the players who signed just before the money came in. Everyone took to him immediately because of his commitment and the full bloodied way he went into every thing he did on the pitch. He was also high on everyone's list of players who would have to be sold because they weren't as good as what we were now apparently aiming for. To everyone's surprise and delight, he seemed to improve every single day. Nearly every single poster on BM back then didn't think Zabba would be good enough and nearly every single poster was delighted to be proved wrong.

It wasn't overnight. a certain coach came in who was exceptional at developing a defensive line... He also did the same for vinny. We all have our opinions of Bobby but at one point he had 2 of the best defenders in Europe, mostly because of his input!!

Well said, pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.