#13 | Zack Steffen - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's different with keepers compared to outfield players. Keepers learn better from coaching and practicing, modern footy barely involves them in the game if the team is doing good. Lots of examples, look at Martinez for one, all those years of being a reserve/backup at Arsenal then finally seniority with luck, one good season and earned a move to Villa, where he's also done well largely.
Arsenal have fucked up there, Martinez is a much better keeper than Leno

I prefer him to Ederson to be honest... just. They are both great but I think while one is better with his feet the other is better with his hands.

(That said if Steffen played more his high standards might dip - cos he's human after all - and maybe I'd prefer Ederson)

I'd like to see more of him at least.

He looked a bit less assured than I've seen him with the ball at his feet, but the standard goalkeeping stuff he did everything that was needed comfortably and that's all that you want really.

The one save he had to make he made that's all you can ask. Kept concentration levels up and didn't look flappy which is key for the way we play.

The save he made looked good for the cameras but I think it was a more comfortable save than he made it look. It wasn't in the corner, you'd be extremely disappointed if your keeper is letting that in. Might get a few league appearances if we get the league sewn up in the next week or 2.

Last edited:
Nose tried to have a go at him for that save from the Lo Celso shot saying he was very slow to get down
Watching it again he was talking pure shit again
Good save

He timed it absolutely perfectly. If he'd gone earlier, it would have bounced over his hand. He knew that. It was a really vicious shot, not a lot of power, but curling right into the corner.
Zak is quality, just about as good as you can get for a back-up keeper. Really made up for him that he redeemed himself after last week's blunder (for me, in all honesty, that goal was about 60% on him, the defence thought so too). As I say, seriously good keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.