#13 | Zack Steffen - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to blame the defeat on him. Played well otherwise. We lost it because of our attitude towards the game from the off and Peps decision not to change what was clearly obvious. I really feel Pep wasnt that bothered and realized theres more important fish to fry in the coming weeks.

I'm not making excuses for him because we all know he fucked up but I do think it shows how difficult it is to play the role for us. Not only do you have to make split second decisions but you have to make them multiple times a game.

He thought there was more weight on the through ball, realised it was actually spot on so back tracked, they were getting a big chance to score there regardless of Steffen. He played well other than that.

He was at fault for their goal but the outfield players were never going to win us that game. It would have taken Foden running through them all and scoring because no one else was moving or doing anything useful.

Only takes one bad moment at this level and you can be out which is why no one has won the quadruple. To be mid-April and have had a chance to is pretty remarkable. The delayed league cup final hasn't helped us. It's right at the time we could do with a rest.

Pep could have gone full strength then rested a few in the league games to prep for PSG. But he had to make some changes today with a final next weekend and then a CL semi a few days later.

I understand why,but ive never been a fan of swapping the goalkeeper.

The understanding with the defence needs to be a constant,certainly in big games like yesterday.

No need to change keepers. Christ Ed does fook all some games. The Yank will never be a number one. He dropped a bollock, but shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.