Zack Steffen (Official P8)

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by cjn, 27 Nov 2018.

1. nmc

nmc

American teams but many of the players are Canadian.

2. better dead than red

better dead than red

Not so fast, my friend. The US Mens Hockey team is currently ranked #4 in rhe World by the IHF. The lowest ranking they've held is 7th.

It's considered a member of rhe "Big Six", the six strongest ice hockey nations. So yes. The USA is good at ice hockey.

nmc likes this.
  3. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    What are the populations of the teams around them?

4. better dead than red

better dead than red

I see what you're aiming at though I'm not sure it is an accurate way to gauge anything. Outside of the New England states, and the upper Midwest, Michigan, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc, and likely Alaska, hockey is a pretty niche sport for young people to play.

In most areas hockey is an afterthought for kids. Most play football, football, baseball, basketball and lacrosse is popular in some areas.

I'm not concermed about what a nation's population is in this discussion. The original remark was the U.S. isn't good at sport other countries play. As a nation the US is very good in basketball and ice hockey. Also athletics/track & field, though I'm not sure that qualifies as a team sport even though in meets the points are tallied and the team with the most points wins the meet.

5. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Croatia are a country that are good at team sports.
    The USA are a country that occasionally blunder into top rankings due to sheer weight of population.

6. better dead than red

better dead than red

Yes there are some nation's like Croatia. Some like Ireland, small nations are not.

Other than bias, you've not realky made much of a point. Some nation's excel at some athletic endeavours. Some for whatever reason do not. I'd guess it comes down to interest in a nations population and starts growing from there.

7. Trunks_citizen

Trunks_citizen

The opposing teams are scoring goals creating very few goal situations, I know that it is not 100% Ederson's fault, but that something more could be done, more than his excellent ball game with his feet, the first thing that should be demanded is that an goalkeeper it stops The few times that they finish us to the goal.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2018
  8. BimboBob

BimboBob

A step up then, and a big one. He'll also be used to playing against old has beens and youth players.

Win win.

9. 01cravend

01cravend

Goalkeepers are probably the one position that tend to do well when they come over here(Friedel, Keller, Howard)

10. IOWBlue

IOWBlue

And Stalone.

TonyM likes this.