Zack Steffen to be back up keeper next season?

franksinatra

To be honest the way Ederson finished the season Zach could have a real chance to stake a claim for a first team spot. Edersons spot has been a given, for too long and hopefully the new competition will bring the best out of him.

Last edited:

_a_o_

From what I've seen of Steffen, I'll stick my neck out and say according to the 'eye test' he looks to be a better shot stopper than Ederson. Will be interesting to see if he'll get a fair shot at competing for the number 1 spot.
He is, plus he’s also accomplished with his feet and a decent sweeper too. I can see him being our undisputed #1 by the start of next season, if not sooner.

salfordbluetrue

To be honest the way Ederson finished the season Zach could have a real chance to stake a claim for a first team spot. Edersons spot has been a given, for too long and hopefully the new competition will bring the best out of him.
Yeah he was terrible for all those one on ones he had, and the golden gloves were just a blip, Steffen is a very good player that will get better, but he is yet to learn our failings of having nothing to do for an hour only to find yourself confronted by a striker as the defense has a hap.

Bluemoon dan

The other young lad around the EDS team was Gavin Bazunu who has gone on loan to Rochdale. He made his league debut for them on Saturday, they were 3-0 down after half an hour and he was directly at fault for at least one of them!

Xhavenjoe

The other young lad around the EDS team was Gavin Bazunu who has gone on loan to Rochdale. He made his league debut for them on Saturday, they were 3-0 down after half an hour and he was directly at fault for at least one of them!
So he was at fault for one of the goals

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.