Zack Steffen to be back up keeper next season?

Tugay One Cup

Is this guy actually any good? Never watched him play but a quick YouTube search doesn't show up anything of note and it's always hard to gauge when fairly average American players tend to build up quite a bit of hype easily.

i♥city!

Yep, just one.

It came from trying to pass it out, which unsurprisingly Rochdale are not the greatest at. Neither is he based on his time in the EDS.
I see this passing the ball out from the back"philosophy" isn't just destroying teams owned by the CFG. Why can't every other team just adopt their own style?

Mad Eyed Screamer

Vienna_70

Team supported
The Only Team in Manchester!
I agree what you are saying, I just find it comical the way it ‘reads’ - “great keeper, the only problem is his ability to save the ball...”. something most people used to take for granted as a key strength of most top class goalkeepers...
I think it’s a myth that Ederson isn’t great at making saves. He has pulled off some fantastic saves for us over the years.

Vienna_70

Team supported
The Only Team in Manchester!
The other young lad around the EDS team was Gavin Bazunu who has gone on loan to Rochdale. He made his league debut for them on Saturday, they were 3-0 down after half an hour and he was directly at fault for at least one of them!
History repeating itself; just like Murić at Forest last season.

Last edited:

Cotton Weave Blue

Is this guy actually any good? Never watched him play but a quick YouTube search doesn't show up anything of note and it's always hard to gauge when fairly average American players tend to build up quite a bit of hype easily.
Truth is, no one really knows. The you tubers and vloggers will claim to have the back ground on him but he’s been out a long time with injury and never played at the top level. Could be great, could be like so many before who have been the next no.1...

Tugay One Cup

Truth is, no one really knows. The you tubers and vloggers will claim to have the back ground on him but he’s been out a long time with injury and never played at the top level. Could be great, could be like so many before who have been the next no.1...
Ah, didn't realise he'd picked up an injury. My guess is he's just around to play cup games and will probably go on to be sold for a profit. He's only two years younger than Ederson so I doubt we've got him in mind to be the future first choice. But it will be interesting to see him play.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.