Zack Steffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muric needs to play regularly long term, him staying as our number 2 was always unlikely. Guessing that we sign this guy now, for next season, so Muric can go on loan and play week in week out. Bravo's contract is up.

If Muric becomes top player he won't stay No.2.
It's all in future though,we don't know how Muric will turn up or how how this guy will play

Steffen gets a lot of comparison to former USA GK1 Tim Howard. While Howard was never among the world's elite, he did a nice job for Everton for a decade (350+ caps). He's just 23, not saying he will ever be GK1 for City, but if he gets some decent experience in Europe, he may be a very fine backup/cup keeper.

Low risk, high reward potential IMHO.

Steffen gets a lot of comparison to former USA GK1 Tim Howard. While Howard was never among the world's elite, he did a nice job for Everton for a decade (350+ caps). He's just 23, not saying he will ever be GK1 for City, but if he gets some decent experience in Europe, he may be a very fine backup/cup keeper.

Low risk, high reward potential IMHO.
I actually had to check if Howard was at Everton for that long, didn't seem it.

Good up and coming keeper from Columbus. Will probably feature a lot for the American national side too now that Greg Berhalter is set to be announced as the next coach.
Berhalter's Columbus sides play out of the back and press quite a bit. So he won't be out of his element if he ever starts a cup match for us. My guess this will end up being a loan and sell on type of thing. Maybe ends up being Ederson's backup for a few months. But he'll want regular football if he wants to remain on the national team.

Wait.... 7 to 10 mill?! He isn't worth that. Eh. I guess who cares. His youth clubs won't get a cent of that money anyway, because the MLS doesn't allow training fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.