Zaha

supercrystal7 said:
Dirty Harry said:
One minute a 'world beater', the next a 'panel beater', he'll delight and frustrate in equal measures I think, be interesting to see how he does next season.

Oh and anyone who thinks the media wankfest didn't go into over-drive once united were interested need to pull their heads out of the sand lmao.

Yes anyone can see that and he has coped with pressure very well. He is still a kid. Kids are infuriating. If he was a 28 year old player in his prime things would be different. Yes he is over hyped, because United are interested, but he was still the best player in the Championship and a hot prospect. I don't expect much of him until the season after.

The level of 'wank' went up to ridiculous levels once united were interested regardless whether he was the best player in the division tbh mate, it's the fact that certain posters on here refuse to acknowledge that which makes it laughable, but Yeah I don't think we'll see a great deal of him next season either tbh mate, oddly, could see how he'd fit in under Bacon and how he'd get some reasonable game time, I'm not convinced he'll get the same opportunities under Moyes, which would be a shame, I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yes anyone can see that and he has coped with pressure very well. He is still a kid. Kids are infuriating. If he was a 28 year old player in his prime things would be different. Yes he is over hyped, because United are interested, but he was still the best player in the Championship and a hot prospect. I don't expect much of him until the season after.
Tom Ince would rightfully argue that.

I doubt that. Tom Ince never got anywhere near the attention that Zaha did. Zaha is double and sometimes triple marked virtually every game. Even before he signed for United most managers were calling him the best in the league.
What remarkable credentials!

It's not like you'd be biased picking him ahead of a player who contributed directly to 32 goals for his team...

Read the Guardin online this morning and nearly choked when I read this

Zaha produced an outstanding performance to help Palace beat Watford 1-0

I've not seen him play a whole game before, and I thought he had an incredibly disappointing game. Quick and strong he is. But he also continually lost the ball, didn't know when to pass it, and his crossing was wayward.

He has some potential but is a million miles from the level of the other Man Utd wingers.

pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:
Tom Ince would rightfully argue that.

I doubt that. Tom Ince never got anywhere near the attention that Zaha did. Zaha is double and sometimes triple marked virtually every game. Even before he signed for United most managers were calling him the best in the league.

It's not like you'd be biased picking him ahead of a player who contributed directly to 32 goals for his team...
Everyone is a little biased, but that's not the reason I think Zaha is better. As I said Zaha has so much attention put on him. It is like the Tottenham game against United at a lower level. Lennon had so much space and was so dangerous partly, because United overloaded their right side to deal with Bale.

Palace were the 2nd top goalscorers and Zaha was our best player. That should tell you something about, how important he was to the team scoring. Even if he does not get the assist, but has three men on him and gets a cross/pass to the other side of the pitch we are likely to score, because of the advantage in players.

supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:

Everyone is a little biased, but that's not the reason I think Zaha is better. As I said Zaha has so much attention put on him. It is like the Tottenham game against United at a lower level. Lennon had so much space and was so dangerous partly, because United overloaded their right side to deal with Bale.

Palace were the 2nd top goalscorers and Zaha was our best player. That should tell you something about, how important he was to the team scoring. Even if he does not get the assist, but has three men on him and gets a cross/pass to the other side of the pitch we are likely to score, because of the advantage in players.
Just because you feel he was pivotal to your teams success doesn't mean he was the best individual player in the division.

Someone who scores 18 goals and contributes 14 assists, who more than likely attracted a similar amount of opposition attention due to the aforementioned success, would be top of my list. Probably a few others lists as well tbf.

pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:

Just because you feel he was pivotal to your teams success doesn't mean he was the best individual player in the division.

Someone who scores 18 goals and contributes 14 assists, who more than likely attracted a similar amount of opposition attention due to the aforementioned success, would be top of my list. Probably a few others lists as well tbf.

So being pivotal to a teams attack, who scored the 2nd most goals is not an indication of his performance. How much of either player have you seen? Do you even watch the highlights of both teams? Ince does not attract the same level attention as Zaha. There is a reason Palace fans regard him as the best player they have seen in recent memory.

supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:

So being pivotal to a teams attack, who scored the 2nd most goals is not an indication of his performance. How much of either player have you seen? Do you even watch the highlights of both teams? Ince does not attract the same level attention as Zaha. There is a reason Palace fans regard him as the best player they have seen in recent memory.
When did I say it wasn't an indication of his performance?

It just doesn't automatically qualify him as the best player in the division if he was the best player for the team who finished 5th.

His hype, aided by his impending move to United, granted him more media attention and hype which helped him win the POTY. I'd say the majority of Championship teams fans, outside of Palace, would have given it to Ince ahead of Zaha.

supercrystal7 said:
pudge said:
supercrystal7 said:

You'd better get used to history being rewritten coz this time next year he'll be a utd academy product

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.