Zhirkov signs for chelski!

0950 BST: Chelsea have signed Russian international midfielder Yuri Zhirkov for $30m from CSKA Moscow according to Russian newspaper Tvoi Den. The tabloid claims Zhirkov will join on a four-year contract. (Russian tabloid Tvoi Den)

"Yuri has signed the contract with Chelsea just a day or two ago," the newspaper quoted Zhirkov's agent as saying. "He will join his new team this summer."

What about that dickhead ashley cole?

CityPar said:
not my fault! said:
Chelski sayin it's just paper talk and rubbish. SSN.

Why would his agent be quoted as saying it's done and give details then?

Agents do that all the time, or produce other such stupid statements. It's the agent's mandate to make as much money and produce as much opportunity as he can, both for the player he represents, and for himself. In this case, the agent could easily be doing this in order to engineer a dispute between Zhirkov and CSKA Moscow (his club) in order to make sure (or more likely) that when bids come in for Zhirkov, the manager and owners will turn on Zhirkov and agree to let him leave without fighting over it. I would think that a better question to ask in understanding this is "why would Chelsea deny this report if it were true?"

keemcfc said:
Petemeister said:
BBC gossip says he's signed for 30million euros That he'll sign in the near future
if its true we should buy anelka/drogba now.

Um what does Zhirkov have to do with Anelka/Drogba? They are strikers and Zhirkov is a Left Back/Left Midfielder????

Class player, or he was in the Euros. He could play left back or left mid so makes sense to me as they are short when Cashley is injured/banned.

Players such as Kalou or Malouda on the left are prob not quite at the required level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.