Zidane vs Messi...Who is the best?

Zidane is retired. Messi is 22. This topic is about 15 years too soon.

Zidane obviously is the greater player. A big game player, always delivered in high pressure situations.

ManCityFC said:
The two best players in my lifetime, but whos the best?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np6gyUb0E7o[/youtube]

Always difficult to compare 'non same generation' players and all that and with that caveat in mind...

For me, it's Zidane. I have never seen a player before or since just glide across the pitch, and I mean actually glide. Great vision, great passing and scored. Just perfection personified. Shame he spoiled it in the World Cup Final, but you could argue it showed him as a human? Possibly stretching it I appreciate, but there we go.

Messi hasn't headbutted anyone yet I don't think even though he gets kicked to shit every game.

That's the only image that sticks with me about Zidane, he could have had the greatest career ever, but all that sticks in my mind is that he headbutted Materazzi in the World Cup final.

TO be fair, I think most players Materazzi has come up against have tried to head butt him at some point. Horrible wind up merchant. Kind of a weedy version of Robbie Savage only more hateful. Oh, and he played for Everton.

I'd have given Zidane a medal personally.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Messi hasn't headbutted anyone yet I don't think even though he gets kicked to shit every game.

That's the only image that sticks with me about Zidane, he could have had the greatest career ever, but all that sticks in my mind is that he headbutted Materazzi in the World Cup final.

That's a shame m8, don't think that moment of madness should be what he is remebered by, no matter how mental it was lol.

My image will always be his Class volley against Bayern Leva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.