Zidane vs Neil McNab

bluemc1

After the Fergie v Mancini and Kinky v messi debates was hoping i could get some peoples thoughts on this one

bluemc1 said:
After the Fergie v Mancini and Kinky v messi debates was hoping i could get some peoples thoughts on this one

For fashion and sheer coolness and elan, it's got to be McNab every time - and how he missed out on world player of the year is beyond me.

McNab all day

Not one of my proudest moments but broke one of his twins legs playing footy, McNab was very gracious and said the ball was there to be won, i said 'i fucking know, i won it'', he laughed and shook my hand...... nice fella

the god Gerry Gow said:
Mcnab every time.

Zidane not fit to lace his boots

Absolutely. Always thought that ZZ was just a bit of a street fighter who could speak French. Could never understand, with his Brazilian grandmother and Argentinian dad, why Neil never graced the international stage alongside Zico or Maradonna.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
McNab all day

Not one of my proudest moments but broke one of his twins legs playing footy, McNab was very gracious and said the ball was there to be won, i said 'i fucking know, i won it'', he laughed and shook my hand...... nice fella

on that note i once got sent off for punching Gordon Strachans son

m7mcfc said:
If this is a moustache competition, then Zidane wins hands down.
If this is a moustache competition, then I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

Anyone else remember that game v Chelsea 1988-9 season at Maine Road when we got beat 3-2? It was pissing it down and united were playing Forest at Old Trafford the same day (quarter Final of the Cup, which Forest went on to win and they went on to play that fateful Semi-Final at Hillsborough) and there were over 100,000 supporters in (Greater) Manchester that day.

The match was on ITV and they installed this track on the sideline in front of the Main Stand, which could follow the play - it was pretty avant garde at the time. I remember getting back from the match and watching it that evening and some time in the second half, when we were losing, a Chelsea player was running down the right wing towards the Platt Lane and in his wake was Neil McNab who just manages to muster enough energy to get to this player and scythe him down. There was absolutely no intent to get the ball and the look on McNab's face as he closed in on his prey was a thing of beauty. The whole manoeuvre was followed with absolute precision by this camera on wheels.

Because of that Neil McNab 'The Crab', for all his sideways passing, and his subsequent fallout with the club, never fails to raise a smile when I think about him.

He was one of those players who I thought why have we bought him. He only cost about £30k, but he won me over and if i recall correctly, he went on to win player of the year on a couple of occasions. How he never got any Scotland caps is beyond a joke!

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
He was one of those players who I thought why have we bought him. He only cost about £30k, but he won me over and if i recall correctly, he went on to win player of the year on a couple of occasions. How he never got any Scotland caps is beyond a joke!

Because he played for France !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.