Zidane

kp789

Interesting in all the debate over the Ballon d'or and all the hype and praise for Ronaldo and Messi that we seem to forget about a player such as this. At the time, he and Ronaldinho were incredible, but for me, Zidane had it all. He was big, strong, could use both feet to devastating effect, could score from anywhere, could dribble, pass, tackle and the skills he had were something else. He could catch a bowling ball shot out of a cannon on his toe like it was a feather. A player ahead of his time, literally the complete Midfielder, I struggle to think of a better centre mid.

The one part of his game which just amazed me though was his ability to make the greatest defender in the world look like a fool. He just had this knack of making the opposition think that he had lost the ball, then just snatch it back and leave them in his wake.

What a phenomenal player. Such a shame his career ended early and controversially.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mXGMcpA0g[/youtube]

kp789 said:
Interesting in all the debate over the Ballon d'or and all the hype and praise for Ronaldo and Messi that we seem to forget about a player such as this. At the time, he and Ronaldinho were incredible, but for me, Zidane had it all. He was big, strong, could use both feet to devastating effect, could score from anywhere, could dribble, pass, tackle and the skills he had were something else. He could catch a bowling ball shot out of a cannon on his toe like it was a feather. A player ahead of his time, literally the complete Midfielder, I struggle to think of a better centre mid.

The one part of his game which just amazed me though was his ability to make the greatest defender in the world look like a fool. He just had this knack of making the opposition think that he had lost the ball, then just snatch it back and leave them in his wake.

What a phenomenal player. Such a shame his career ended early and controversially.

If you want to see ZZ at his best, watch the 1998 world cup final again, he literally did single handedly beat a great brazil team, and the cheeky attitude he did it with is something else too!

aguero93:20 said:
kp789 said:

If you want to see ZZ at his best, watch the 1998 world cup final again, he literally did single handedly beat a great brazil team, and the cheeky attitude he did it with is something else too!
That chip against Italy showed that cheeky side too. To do that to the best keeper in the world at the time was just outrageous.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Truly gifted player.
Head butting an Italian racist only increased my admiration for him.
he lost out on the world cup but gained the love of all mothers the world over.

gifted genius.... shame i dont like any of the clubs he played for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.