Zidane

supercrystal7 said:
aguero93:20 said:
kenzie115 said:
Did he track back?
Nope, just never lost the ball ;)
For a lot of games this statement is literally true. I once counting how many times he lost the ball in a game. The answer was 0. Unbelievable for a creative player.

For me only a young Ronaldo before his knee injuries was better than him. Would have him over Messi and Cristiano.

Fuckin Cristiano !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a City form ?????? And you use the surname of our soon to be striker :-)

You will be calling him CR7 next

As you are allegedly a palace fan (although that is now under extreme scrutiny) I will explain what names are allowed

1 At a push Ronaldo

2 Preferably Tranny

Hope this helps :-)

cookster said:
World Class player but even in his prime I'd take Tranny or Messi.
See a lot of people would agree, just because these are players who score goals and what is more attractive in football than that? This is why I feel sorry for the likes of Desailly, Kompany,Baresi etc or your Oliver Khan's and Buffon's , who were/are world class players, but because they don't score goals, or beat players, they are not considered as good as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc. They are just as, if not more important positions and equally good players, but because of the position that they play, they aren't considered among 'the greatest' in mass media, the goal scorers are.

Isn't football strange?

kp789 said:
cookster said:
See a lot of people would agree, just because these are players who score goals and what is more attractive in football than that? This is why I feel sorry for the likes of Desailly, Kompany,Baresi etc or your Oliver Khan's and Buffon's , who were/are world class players, but because they don't score goals, or beat players, they are not considered as good as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc. They are just as, if not more important positions and equally good players, but because of the position that they play, they aren't considered among 'the greatest' in mass media, the goal scorers are.

Isn't football strange?

Apart from Maldini, now he was class and wasn't a striker.

kp789 said:
cookster said:

Isn't football strange?
I agree with this. Though Cannavaro did win world player of the year and Maldini was runner up a couple of times.

I think the growth of youtube has made things much worse. It's easy to catch the eye on youtube with a flash bit of skill and goals. It's harder for a defender, who reads the game well and does not need to make last ditch tackles.

I really don't like Xavi, but for me is easily the most underrated player of the last 6 years. I would argue he has been the best player in that time period and his ridiculous success is not by chance.

supercrystal7 said:
kp789 said:
cookster said:

Isn't football strange?
I agree with this. Though Cannavaro did win world player of the year and Maldini was runner up a couple of times.

I think the growth of youtube has made things much worse. It's easy to catch the eye on youtube with a flash bit of skill and goals. It's harder for a defender, who reads the game well and does not need to make last ditch tackles.

I really don't like Xavi, but for me is easily the most underrated player of the last 6 years. I would argue he has been the best player in that time period and his ridiculous success is not by chance.
I suppose it is the same reason that similar players slip under the radar. Unless you are playing at the very highest level and in a successful team, pundits will not point out your work. Xavi being the prime example, Xabi alonso also, along with Vidal and De Rossi to a lesser extent. You could argue Pirlo, but the technical side of his game is alone deserving of all the credit he gets.
On the other hand you have Gareth Barry. He goes unnoticed or is regarded as a bad player because he does not score 30 goals a season or 35 yard free kicks etc. But he is not a bad player, he is just not a flair striker. The postive sides of his games as well as his strenghts go unnoticed. As a result no-one rates him. But notice how valuable the majority of Villa, City and now Everton fans regard him.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Truly gifted player.
Head butting an Italian racist only increased my admiration for him.
Materazzi-con-la-statua-della-testata-di-Zidane-300x225.jpg

image.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the goal Zizou scored in the 2002 Champions' League final.

That was an incredible display of skill, timing, control and accuracy all in one shot.

And it's still one of the best goals I've ever seen.

I can hardly think of a more complete player. As well as doing impossible stuff he made everybody around him better as well. Him and Maradonna would be my choices for all time numero unos. (Since seventies that is cause I never saw Garrincha, Puskas or Pele that much)

DruntBlunt said:
I can hardly think of a more complete player. As well as doing impossible stuff he made everybody around him better as well. Him and Maradonna would be my choices for all time numero unos. (Since seventies that is cause I never saw Garrincha, Puskas or Pele that much)

my nod for all-time numero uno would go to Cruyff; most exhilarating and influential player on & off the pitch, totally 'Mr Football'

aguero93:20 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
twistedAM said:
Err?.? Didn't Matterazzi say he wanted to give Zidane's sister one or something like that?

Opinions vary on their exchanges, but Zidane told L'Equipe that he made reference to his mother, namely 'putain arabe', or 'arab whore'.
If that was the case, I'd have chinned him too.
Another version runs that Materazzi was pulling Zidane's jersey and Zidane told him he'd have to wait until after the match if he wanted the jersey, Materazzi told Zidane it was his sister, not his jersey he wanted, Zidane headbutted him.
Funny as it was, Materazzi came out on top in that one imo, winding up the lad you're marking into getting himself sent off is the oldest trick in the book.

Apparently there was an incident at Juventus Zidane was very touchy about and Lippi, who coached Zidane at Juventus told Materazzi to mention it to him and see what happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.