Zinchenko, Mooy, Roberts, Moreno, and the new Spanish defender

Bombo

Why?

Just seems pointless to me to sign these players without the intention of ever really playing them.

Lopes, Suarez, Rekik, zuccilini?

Why?

Now Garcia has gone on loan.

Best academy in the world and we are still buying players who will not feature surely we have them in the academy.

I'm one of those people who preferred my club when we had soul.

I'd agree with your premise if one of youth products that we "let go" went on to be City-level footballers.

Can you think of any that fall within that criteria? I can think of one and we've kept him (Iheanacho)

Zinch - Youngster will benefit from going out on loan - looks tidy one for the future - PSV loan maybe?

Mooy - will be flipped for profit. Looks decent and getting rave reviews in the championship

Spanish defender - Helping out Pep's brother will make a pro profit on him when we sell

Roberts - Will be great and definitely be used at city

Monero - See Zinch

Some will work out others we'll make money on - Its basically legit money laundering

roberts if he keeps up what he's doing at celtic and reaches his potential, he should make it with us. i rate him as one of the best youth products in england right now

Jesus, some people really are afraid of change - even if it's for the better.

When did we lose this imaginary 'soul' by the way?

Zinchenko, Moreno, Roberts all have a future here. Pep loved Zinchenko in preseason. He din't sign him and Moreno for nothing.

We could win the league and champions league 5 years straight and some people will still find something to moan at.

You can't get every signing right, so you sign a few talented youngsters in the hope that if a couple of them come off, then it was well worth it. Signing just 1 talented youngster and asking him to come good is just asking too much, likewise limiting our sample of youngsters to just our academy (around Manchester) is also asking too much.

We are also battling it out at the top of the modern football world, meaning we have to be able to make connections and links to other clubs in order to progress and maintain, so signing players and loaning them out is a way of investing in those clubs and establishing connections that our club needs. We might not always be able to get work permits for talented youngsters like Gabriel Jesus and Moreno, so we need clubs like Girona to loan them out to and give them game time until they are eligible for City.

Times have changed and you shouldn't really need to ask this question, the positives so obviously outweigh the negatives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.