Zinchenko, Mooy, Roberts, Moreno, and the new Spanish defender

Why should he feel embarrassed? It's a fair question to ask basically why we are buying young players to immediately loan out when most won't get the opportunity become first team players for us.
I reckon that might be the key word there mate. Youth players aren't sure things, it's not football manager or FIFA. You buy a bunch and if one or two make it then you've done extremely well.If even one of them makes it and becomes a useful first teamer then that's a good result

I reckon that might be the key word there mate. Youth players aren't sure things, it's not football manager or FIFA. You buy a bunch and if one or two make it then you've done extremely well.If even one of them makes it and becomes a useful first teamer then that's a good result
I get what you're saying blue. Be good to produce our own academy players that are good enough though, local lads even better. Having said that Jesus looks a great prospect, and most definitely a gamble worth taking.

I know we've signed a lot of youth but not sure the point the OP is trying to make..if anything you could compare Mooy and Mari to Sobrino and Lejune. Zinchenko, Roberts, and Moreno will certainly all be given a chance here and they'll either make it or we'll be able to sell for either a profit or a very, very small loss.

Garcia is also at the point where EDS games won't help him but his position is stacked in the first team, so a loan is without a doubt the best option. Enjoy the young talent, enjoy the ride. There's a reason the people you are questioning have their roles with the club and you're posting on a forum. No offense.

Why should he feel embarrassed? It's a fair question to ask basically why we are buying young players to immediately loan out when most won't get the opportunity become first team players for us.
If you don't think that Zinchenko, Roberts, and Moreno at least won't have a very good shot of making it with us then you've not watched even Youtube clips let alone a match of any of them.

Are you in agreement with the OP that we've 'lost our soul' (whatever that actually means) over signings such as these then?

I've watched YouTube clips of Moreno and Jesus Colin and they have dazzling skills. I wouldn't say we've lost our soul but I think I understand where the OP is coming from. Do you remember players like BarnescPalmer Redmond white Mouldon etc etc. All local home grown players. We're a totally different club to when at Maine road, only the shirt colour and us supporters are the same. Perhaps 'losing our Soul' can become a thread if older blues think that we have ?

If one of these players makes it to the first team then it will have been worthwhile.

We will make money on the rest.

The Mooy signing doesn't sit too comfortably with me, but Zinchenko, Moreno and Roberts have a good chance of becoming established first team players for us. Even if only one of them does eventually make it, it will have been worth it given the relatively modest outlay (under £20m for all three combined). Talk of "losing our soul", whatever that actually means, is the type of lazy accusation you'd expect from rival fans.

Or Colin Schindler!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.