Zinchenko, Mooy, Roberts, Moreno, and the new Spanish defender

There's a reason the people you are questioning have their roles with the club and you're posting on a forum. No offense.

Seen this bullshit kind of post twice this weekend. So we can't question anything the club does anymore as we do not work for the club? Fuck off. No offense.

I've watched YouTube clips of Moreno and Jesus Colin and they have dazzling skills. I wouldn't say we've lost our soul but I think I understand where the OP is coming from. Do you remember players like BarnescPalmer Redmond white Mouldon etc etc. All local home grown players. We're a totally different club to when at Maine road, only the shirt colour and us supporters are the same. Perhaps 'losing our Soul' can become a thread if older blues think that we have ?
Sorry but that's romantic nonsense, in the 70s we were one of the biggest spenders in English football as well as having some HG players. In the late 80s we ended up with an increasing number of HG players because of a good crop of kids but also because the money wasn't there any more thanks to Swales's poor administration. Nothing whatever to do with "soul".

Sorry but that's romantic nonsense, in the 70s we were one of the biggest spenders in English football as well as having some HG players. In the late 80s we ended up with an increasing number of HG players because of a good crop of kids but also because the money wasn't there any more thanks to Swales's poor administration. Nothing whatever to do with "soul".
Fair enough

I saw recently they had done a study and found that loyalty and allegiance are forged as much if not more by negative experiences as positive. So you are probably right there are possibly quite a few who yearn for the old days.

I personally am a greedy f@!?er who wants it all. I want us to be absolute shite whilst winning the champions league.

Soul is overrated, unless its northern.
What does it even mean when people talk of soul in terms of we had it then but we don't have it now? For me the only difference is that we were shite on the field and didn't have a pot to piss in off it whereas now we are one of the best run clubs in the world both on and off the field. The only thing I can interpret this soul that we don't have anymore is that there were some people who enjoyed wallowing in the club's misery and are sorry the club can't provide it anymore. Perhaps someone could enlighten me regarding this lost soul.

What does it even mean when people talk of soul in terms of we had it then but we don't have it now? For me the only difference is that we were shite on the field and didn't have a pot to piss in off it whereas now we are one of the best run clubs in the world both on and off the field. The only thing I can interpret this soul that we don't have anymore is that there were some people who enjoyed wallowing in the club's misery and are sorry the club can't provide it anymore. Perhaps someone could enlighten me regarding this lost soul.
I feel that the supporters are the soul of any football club because all other components - owners, managers, players - come and go but the main constant factor is the supporters.

I've watched YouTube clips of Moreno and Jesus Colin and they have dazzling skills. I wouldn't say we've lost our soul but I think I understand where the OP is coming from. Do you remember players like BarnescPalmer Redmond white Mouldon etc etc. All local home grown players. We're a totally different club to when at Maine road, only the shirt colour and us supporters are the same. Perhaps 'losing our Soul' can become a thread if older blues think that we have ?
Three of those players you mentioned(Barnes, Palmer, Moulden) were ruthlessly discarded by the club after being shunned by the incumbent manager (Allison, Benson, Machin). White was shipped out of the door to facilitate the purchase of a fading mercenary (Rocastle) and Redmond was moved on when it was clear he wasn't going to develop any further, in spite of previously displaying great loyalty to City when other clubs came knocking.

Football clubs have, almost without exception, been ruthless organisations, lacking any real sentiment. City being no exception. People frequently forget this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.