Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko deserves to be playing as a 10, considering he will never be our first choice LB. If we can get £16m with any add-on's and potential buy-back then i'd welcome it. Getting to see how he can do in the Premier League is a big thing, but he could end up just another Kelechi..

He deserves to stay with the squad if we have space. He can play on the left wing and either of the two 8 positions. He can also play LB until Mendy and Delph are fully back.

This would allow any of Gund, Silva, Bernardo, and KDB play the DM role as needed.

He won't play much but another year with the squad could do him well. This is a guy who turned down a loan last season on deadline day. It seemed crazy at the time but it was career changing for him.

If I were Pep I would ask him to stay and if I were Zinc I would seriously consider it.

He deserves to stay with the squad if we have space. He can play on the left wing and either of the two 8 positions. He can also play LB until Mendy and Delph are fully back.

This would allow any of Gund, Silva, Bernardo, and KDB play the DM role as needed.

He won't play much but another year with the squad could do him well. This is a guy who turned down a loan last season on deadline day. It seemed crazy at the time but it was career changing for him.

If I were Pep I would ask him to stay and if I were Zinc I would seriously consider it.
Agree, but at his age he really does need to be playing all the time, where possible. It really depends on how Pep see's that he has developed and whether he feels he can trust him in an 8 or maybe even a winger position.

Agree, but at his age he really does need to be playing all the time, where possible. It really depends on how Pep see's that he has developed and whether he feels he can trust him in an 8 or maybe even a winger position.

Yep I agree that in some ways he needs to play. But with this squad it isn't that easy. Foden and Zinc would have played a lot more if they went on loan last season. But, would they be as advanced in their careers or have the same opportunities in the future without the experience of last year....I don't think they would. Sometimes (rarely) staying and being patient can pay bigger dividends.

Yep I agree that in some ways he needs to play. But with this squad it isn't that easy. Foden and Zinc would have played a lot more if they went on loan last season. But, would they be as advanced in their careers or have the same opportunities in the future without the experience of last year....I don't think they would. Sometimes (rarely) staying and being patient can pay bigger dividends.
Agree to a large extent, especially on Foden, but don't think the two can be compared. Foden was 17 at the time and going on loan probably wouldn't have been the best for him. Zinchenko has played in the top tier of the Russian league, the top tier of the Dutch league (for a good club, although obviously it didn't go too well) and has played for his full national team as well. Staying at City won't be bad for him but it just can't be as good as going somewhere and (trying to) have a break through season. He should be the main guy in the Ukraine team, but he's not, that's Yarmalenko.

Agree to a large extent, especially on Foden, but don't think the two can be compared. Foden was 17 at the time and going on loan probably wouldn't have been the best for him. Zinchenko has played in the top tier of the Russian league, the top tier of the Dutch league (for a good club, although obviously it didn't go too well) and has played for his full national team as well. Staying at City won't be bad for him but it just can't be as good as going somewhere and (trying to) have a break through season. He should be the main guy in the Ukraine team, but he's not, that's Yarmalenko.

Almost always this is true. Except it wasn't last year...and there are enough places he CAN play that I wonder if it actually would be good to stay. I acknowledge that normally this never is the case...but he has 4 out of 11 positions (arguably 5 or even 6 if you consider RW and DM) that he can start in. That makes him very useful and means he will learn a ton and see his value skyrocket again. I don't see him here in 12 months. But I do see us possibly selling him for 40 million next summer.

Well there are other clubs that offers the same money for the lad. It might just be he doesn’t want to go anywhere apparently he is impressing in training.

We’ll only sell if a deal for someone else is nailed on, and we need to free up squad space
Personally I think we should of cashed in while his stock was high. Can't see any position he could nail down; he's not a defender and didn't seem to have much impact going forward. Considering Delph was great at LB, Mendy is coming back from injury and if needs be, Danilo can also fit in there, I think we should of took the £16mil. Angelino went for £4mil and would do a better job as back-up LB, if Delph is being moved to DM. Even Laporte can play there or we could move to a 352 for a few games.

I don't ever want to be in a position where we have to sell players, but he's almost 22 and we don't know where to play him. That £16mil could of been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.