Zinchenko the new Zabba?

Each player who becomes a legend or cult-hero writes his story on his own terms and Zin will be no different.

Zabba will always be the man. He came to us after a period where we'd had far too many players who didn't get us or couldn't even be arsed to try to get us and certainly wouldn't run through walls for us. But he did. His journey took him from the middle-class suburbs of Buenos Aires to honorary Manc. He can never be replaced as the man.

Zinny is a person who has fought tooth and nail for his football career. He's played for us through the most extraordinary personal circumstances and not buckled. He still looks about 12 years old but has great resilience and is able to just get on with whatever he is asked to do for us. Last Sunday, his introduction helped inject some life into a deflated situation so he played a full part in one of our most iconic days.

They are different players, from different backgrounds, offering us different things in different eras but are both worthy of their places in the story of City.

In terms of a player who 'gets' us the way Zabba did, I think as others have said the closest is Bernardo, but with that volleyed goal, his energiser bunny displays and the brew guard of honour he too is writing his own City story in his own way. We are lucky that so many of our 'mercenaries' are doing the same thing.

You remember him.. used to play for Leeds and then Newcastle who sold him to Liverpool :)
the greedy yorksherman?

the twat that celebrated like a twat when his new employers beat us?

Milner is a greedy cnut for me and has a very good reputation for a man who has played the contract game very well and been rewarded handsomely for doing so.

Yes but every successful team needs a Mr Versatile. Bit harsh calling Zin a makeshift but I know what you mean.

Look at James Milner record.
I didn't mean in a disrespective way, i love the lad but he's a make shift option at lb who has done a fabulous job for most part, just like how dino was used at cb or how milner was and yes every club needs such versatile players

the problem with the statement is that for 2 maybe 3 seasons Zabba was the best full back in the league. Oleks defo not that

the problem with the statement is that for 2 maybe 3 seasons Zabba was the best full back in the league. Oleks defo not that
The love for Zabba is not all about his playing abilities, it's more about his passion & relationship with the fans, for those reasons Zinny is fast becoming another cult hero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.