Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in debating with him. Dax said that Zinchenko has world class potential at LB. Says it’s all really..

Tbf everyone has right & wrong opinions on players & sometimes can be both right & wrong abput the same player.

This though isn't actually a debatable point, as Guardiola has consistently explained that Zinchenko is a midfield player, & an attacking one, at that. No ridiculous craving for oneupmanship over the rest of the forum members, can contradict what the manager actually spells out.

Tbf everyone has right & wrong opinions on players & sometimes can be both right & wrong abput the same player.

This though isn't actually a debatable point, as Guardiola has consistently explained that Zinchenko is a midfield player, & an attacking one, at that. No ridiculous craving for oneupmanship over the rest of the forum members, can contradict what the manager actually spells out.
Actually, on multiple occasions he has said Zee is a young player who can help us at many positions. That you guys choose to trot out only the comments he makes to protect his young project is interesting.

How often has he commented on how Zinchencko can play leftback n his system (one where we want and need to dominate possession)?... At least 3 times that I've seen

Actually you could hardly find a video discussing Zee in which he doesn't talk about how he can play multiple positions.

The issue isn't where Zee played as a youth at Ufa.. Clearly, he played AM, but since being at City, he has primarily played LB. On the sheet the squad turns in on game day, he is listed as a defender.

But sure, let's pretend it's Dax who's on a onemanupship quest. Ridiculous!

No point in debating with him. Dax said that Zinchenko has world class potential at LB. Says it’s all really..
Yep! You truly nailed it there. You win buddy.

Last edited:

I will concede that Zinchenko's best position might be attacking mid - but the larger question IMO - is where might Zinchenko play to best benefit our side?

As a versatile player, against sides where you're going to win no matter what, Zinchenko is at least a body that you can plug in to give better players a rest. If he's to play at attacking mid, this fits the mould - giving a rest to one of D. Silva, KDB, B. Silva, Mahrez, Diaz, Foden, Gundogen - all of the aforementioned are better at attacking mid even if it's not the position they normally play.

And if we're going to win or we don't care about winning play him whereever he's quasi-comfortable or potentially usable; AM, DM, LB, CB, Winger?, Other?.

But for me, although Zinchenko's natural position might not correspond with this - I think his biggest contribution to our side could be defensive mid; we're extremely short in this position, and at least Zinchenko has stamina and desire. I think he'd at the least get in the way of many attacks as a DM if not break them up. I'd prefer of course Fernandinho, Danilo, Gundogan or Delph at this position - but here he's only 5th in the depth chart as opposed to 8th at attacking mid.

Actually, on multiple occasions he has said Zee is a young player who can help us at many positions. That you guys choose to trot out only the comments he makes to protect his young project is interesting.

How often has he commented on how Zinchencko can play leftback n his system (one where we want and need to dominate possession)?... At least 3 times that I've seen

Actually you could hardly find a video discussing Zee in which he doesn't talk about how he can play multiple positions.

The issue isn't where Zee played as a youth at Ufa.. Clearly, he played AM, but since being at City, he has primarily played LB. On the sheet the squad turns in on game day, he is listed as a defender.

But sure, let's pretend it's Dax who's on a onemanupship quest. Ridiculous!

You are still at it.

If Pep didn't think Zinchenko could play different positions, he wouldn't be fucking playing him in different positions.

You said the club see him as a defender, they fucking don't, as Pep.has said on numerous occasions: he is a fucking midfielder playing out of his natural position. Every fucker on here accept you, knows it. The fucking manager said so over and again but you can't shut the fuck up & accept it, because you have a bizarre need to try & be smarter than everyone else & what a waste of fucking time it all is.

Just pack it in for tucks sake.

You are still at it.

If Pep didn't think Zinchenko could play different positions, he wouldn't be fucking playing him in different positions.

You said the club see him as a defender, they fucking don't, as Pep.has said on numerous occasions: he is a fucking midfielder playing out of his natural position. Every fucker on here accept you, knows it. The fucking manager said so over and again but you can't shut the fuck up & accept it, because you have a bizarre need to try & be smarter than everyone else & what a waste of fucking time it all is.

Just pack it in for tucks sake.
Cursing is a loser's tool. Get over yourself. If you disagree provide facts. Cursing gives you no edge.

I will concede that Zinchenko's best position might be attacking mid - but the larger question IMO - is where might Zinchenko play to best benefit our side?

As a versatile player, against sides where you're going to win no matter what, Zinchenko is at least a body that you can plug in to give better players a rest. If he's to play at attacking mid, this fits the mould - giving a rest to one of D. Silva, KDB, B. Silva, Mahrez, Diaz, Foden, Gundogen - all of the aforementioned are better at attacking mid even if it's not the position they normally play.

And if we're going to win or we don't care about winning play him elsewhere.

But for me, although Zinchenko's natural position might not correspond with this - I think his biggest contribution to our side could be defensive mid; we're extremely short in this position, and at least Zinchenko has stamina and desire. I think he'd at the least get in the way of many attacks as a DM if not break them up. I'd prefer of course Fernandinho, Danilo, Gundogan or Delph at this position - but here he's only 5th in the depth chart as opposed to 8th at attacking mid.

Well we'll have to see. He deserves a chance at least because he's sacrificed his game for the team. But in the end it's down to whether he's good enough in any midfield position, to get on the pitch.

Pep's assessment of him ss fullback is that 'we are in trouble if he has to defend for 90 mins' but that his decision making etc on the ball is very good. As a def mid he should in theory be less exposed defensively but will have less time to make decisions on the ball.

Well we'll have to see. He deserves a chance at least because he's sacrificed his game for the team. But in the end it's down to whether he's good enough in any midfield position, to get on the pitch.

Pep's assessment of him ss fullback is that 'we are in trouble if he has to defend for 90 mins' but that his decision making etc on the ball is very good. As a def mid he should in theory be less exposed defensively but will have less time to make decisions on the ball.
Well said - hope the lad proves himself this season. He has a fantastic attitude and I'm rooting for him.

Last edited:
Think OZ might be my favorite player on the team from a locker room perspective. I watched most of our games two times and many of our city videos and I think what he adds has incredible value. Big big performance year round for me.

I try to stay neutral but I'll definitely be rooting for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.