Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 21, & the biggest criticism he is getting, is that he 'may' not be good enough, as a midfield player, a position he hasn't been allowed to play, for one single senior game, at his club. He was instead, shoehorned into an alien position, in which he did his best, to help us out.

And he is supposed to become top class as a midfielder, instantly, wheras if Mahrez starts the season poorly, most people will (rightly) say "give him time to settle in ffs". Yet he is a p.o.t.y. who has played in his favourite position, for years.

So Zinchenko (& Foden, Diaz etc) all have to become as good as Silva, Mahrez & Co, pretty much straight away without having the opportunity to actually play, for years, like Silva, Mahrez etc had.

Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho etc, would not be getting a regular game, in this team, at 21, if they had been here & never played the position at this club, previously.

We are basically telling Zinchenko he has to be better than they would be under the same circumstances, or sold.

Hope we keep him because 16m was a piss take in today’s market and don’t understand why city would except a bid so low especially with other clubs willing to match the fee. Another season with us will improve him even more under Pep.

Hope we keep him because 16m was a piss take in today’s market and don’t understand why city would except a bid so low especially with other clubs willing to match the fee. Another season with us will improve him even more under Pep.
Same here; I'd be disappointed if we let him go. He could definitely do a job and would be a useful squad member. Didn't see the Liverpool game but, apparently, he was okay in a holding midfield role. Maybe he wants regular first team football, which he isn't going to get with us.

He is 21, & the biggest criticism he is getting, is that he 'may' not be good enough, as a midfield player, a position he hasn't been allowed to play, for one single senior game, at his club. He was instead, shoehorned into an alien position, in which he did his best, to help us out.

And he is supposed to become top class as a midfielder, instantly, wheras if Mahrez starts the season poorly, most people will (rightly) say "give him time to settle in ffs". Yet he is a p.o.t.y. who has played in his favourite position, for years.

So Zinchenko (& Foden, Diaz etc) all have to become as good as Silva, Mahrez & Co, pretty much straight away without having the opportunity to actually play, for years, like Silva, Mahrez etc had.

Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho etc, would not be getting a regular game, in this team, at 21, if they had been here & never played the position at this club, previously.

We are basically telling Zinchenko he has to be better than they would be under the same circumstances, or sold.

Well said. all said and done Zinchenko was magnificent last season for the single reason of him not being a damned left back and filling it to a standard that no team took advantage of him for a full 90 minutes, he also showed a remarkable aptitude for ball retention and quick passing.

16m is a decent offer by Wolves but I would keep him and have in as an understudy to Fernie, he will get plenty of game time to satisfy him and hopefully, he will keep on improving, I also suppose he bucks the trend of a successful loan needed to make it here, it goes to show that for some players, playing with actual top class players brings them on better than being loaned out.

Same here; I'd be disappointed if we let him go. He could definitely do a job and would be a useful squad member. Didn't see the Liverpool game but, apparently, he was okay in a holding midfield role. Maybe he wants regular first team football, which he isn't going to get with us.

Maybe he wants first team football unless he is waiting for a European club to come in for him why didn’t he jump at the chance of the move to wolves? Personally I think he be happy with the same amount of playing time as last season and why he wants to stay.

Well said. all said and done Zinchenko was magnificent last season for the single reason of him not being a damned left back and filling it to a standard that no team took advantage of him for a full 90 minutes, he also showed a remarkable aptitude for ball retention and quick passing.

16m is a decent offer by Wolves but I would keep him and have in as an understudy to Fernie, he will get plenty of game time to satisfy him and hopefully, he will keep on improving, I also suppose he bucks the trend of a successful loan needed to make it here, it goes to show that for some players, playing with actual top class players brings them on better than being loaned out.

I have been saying that for years. Traditionally it isn't always the 'star' kids who become the stars. Sometimes it's the bloke who does their tackling, or gives them the ball. But if they spend their formative years not playing senior football & then are loaned out to some backwater, they never get that adrenaline boost which shows them they can step up. We now have a winger playing right back who 'might' have a chance of making it, from nowhere.

Zinchenko also really wants to stay & fight.

But I suppose his immediate future will depend first of all on us not signing anyone else, which dooms him immediately, & second, on whether either of the other kids in that position suddenly go up a gear in the next week or so & look better than him.

That's far too tough an environment for getting the best out of the young players imo.

Mm.

I watched him, this morning, and thought he was fine in nonthreatening situations, but was easily ghosted past on many other crucial situations.

I think he gets faced/ squared up far too easily and has a 'lazy pass' in him, that happens across our midfield face, far more than I want him to.

He should really be making a case to be pushing for the first team squad, proper, but I feel he's close to his limit of ability.

Being 'played out of position' doesn't change your ability or decision making to play football.

I don't dislike him, far from it. But, being a 'nice kid' doesn't force anyone into teams, either.

I can just see why he's on the cusp of being sold.

I like the lad. Early days yet but I think he's got a bit of a young Pablo Zabaleta about him. Look how he turned out.
What parts of his game make you say that? as i don't see that at all.

I genuinely see a KDB light.Other than the lung bursters,which may come.....he has the same style and presence.

Got to give the lad credit , he could easily take the money and move to a Wolves or Fulham but if he has the cahoonas to stay and fight for a place with the talent we have at our disposal then he should be given his chance , i also think he realises Pep is the best in the business and can only improve his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.