Zinedine Zidane

Mayor West

Just watched a programme on him, and I've watched that film about him, Portrait of a genius i think it's called.

My favourite player of all time, well, until recently, now messi is just beyond anything I've ever seen. I don't want to nudge zidane down to second!

For a tall guy he was so elegant on the ball, could pick a pass out form nowhere, did the simple things brilliantly, so strong, great header of the ball, and above all, his personality, shy and introverted tops it off for me, the perfect player, just like messi.

And then there was the head butt....

Godfather said:
And then there was the head butt....

But that was all part of the make up of the man - that passion and fight was essential to the character,a genius and a real handful in all aspects of the term.

Just a pity his career ended in the way it did, absolutely amazing player.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SHPxVzPB8&feature=related[/youtube]

that game against the rags always makes me laugh. it's held up as some sort of pinnacle game in the champions league. in fact, after real madrid went 3-1 up in the first leg at the bernabeu, there was not a moment in the tie where united didn't need 2 more goals to lead. madrid simply held them at arm's length.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.