Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Here is class, truly class, one of the best, awful arrogance and attitude problem, but he would be an awesome addition to any team

Kun Aguero said:
Arrogant, lazy, a bully, overrated, never done it against an English club or one of the best players ever to have played the game, the best target man ever, a sheer winner, a leader of men, quite rightly worshipped in Sweden and still world class in his 30's?

Discuss.

That bit

His arrogance is possibly what has made him one of the best. That attitude encapsulating unshakable confidence and a desire for perfection is what sets apart good players and great players.

Absolutely top drawer, winner. One of those players who's reputation suffers because he doesn't run around a lot, so if he doesn't happen to score that day then people will slag him off, whereas people who consistently offer far less to the team avoid abuse just because they run around like headless chicken. You don't star in title winning teams every single year without being great. People question his attitude, but he has that fire in his belly that only true winners have. You look at the way our side step down after a title winning season and it puts into context what sort of character he is, to always have that hunger and demand excellence every year. I would love him here to kick a few of our lads up the arse tbh

A born winner and fighter who's supremely talented - he's often unplayable,bullying defenders with his physicality and destroying them with his ability - to summarise,he's fucking awesome.

Yep, brilliant, when we missed out on Van Persie, we should have gone after this guy, I honestly believe that season, with getting Ibrahimovic on board we'd have retained the title, sometimes, it's not just about a players quality, it's how other around respond and raise their game, Ibrahimovic is one of those players that does that just by his sheer presence.

As for the attitude some on here refer to, just sit back for a minute and imagine we would have brought in Ibrahimovic instead or Balotelli...

eversince 76 said:
As for the attitude some on here refer to, just sit back for a minute and imagine we would have brought in Ibrahimovic instead or Balotelli...
Thats a good point, but would you swap them after knowing what happend at the swamp 1-6 mario became a legend that day, not for his football but the way he took the piss out of them, yes zlatan could of scored a hat trick but just for that game alone i am glad we had Mario.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is my absolute favorite player since Roberto Baggio put his shoes on the shelf. The strength of an ox, the agility of a panther but most of all: he is a football artist and a genius.

His career's goals, plays and trickery highlight reel is already longer and more spectacular to watch than the one made out of all the other 15 top strikers in the world put together, and he just keeps on giving me and many others unforgettable moments and always pushing the concept of what is possible on a football pitch.

When Joe Hart rushed outside the area and headed that ball away, you can see in the replays that Zlatan instinctively knew what to do. Now, only one in a thousand footballers would have thought about doing that bicycle kick. Of those, only one in a thousand would have actually tried it. Of those left, only one in a thousand would have pulled it off. Simply sheer and utter genius, there is no other way to describe it.

To top it off, an incredible professional: except for Pep, he has been acclaimed by all his coaches, from Capello to Ancellotti to Mancini. He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink and he never has a scandal off the pitch in his professional life.

The one I would have liked to see at City the most - and I would be over the moon if he came after this season.

His so called "arrogance" is two-fold: Firstly, he never lets anyone push him down and that came with the upbringing in Sweden. If you read his book, he'll tell you it started already as a kid when all Swedish parents were questioning why that tall, lanky immigrant was playing instead of their blond, white son. Secondly, he jokes a lot and he makes jokes that are easy to get as arrogant, like the Björn Borg thing, and the newspapers lap it up like kittens and unfortunately some people buy it.

Come to City, Zlatan, you know it makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.