Zola on KAKA issue

Just seen on SSN a bunch of miserable premier managers - Ferg, Walter Smith, Phil Keep on the Pitch Brown, Big Felipe, Bruce PieEater, and the landlord from the Darwen Arms - pontificating about the money we have. Envy is a terrible thing. Only Phil Brown came out and said he hoped one day he might have £100m to spend on a player, and the only one who was positive about CITY buying Kaka was Big Man Scolari - don't yer just luv that guy - the rest whingeing miserable sods - reminds me of the Billy Fury song - Jealousy, it's only your jealousy - or summat like that!

nov1906_dport_181b.jpg

i cant take Zola seriously, he reminds me too much of the muppet from the Dolmio adverts (but without the moustache)

Dolmio.jpg

How can people say that this one bid is ruining football. Let's take a look at history for a minute. Football started spiraling out of control and became a joke (money wise) when teams started paying in excess of £1m for one human being. That has obviously increased over time and the same things have been said about the Zidane transfer and others. We are in our own league financially. These world class players we're linked with are out of many other clubs leagues anyway. Madrid, Barca, Milan, Rags etc haven't ruined football with money (Hmm, debatable, but for this point, they haven't), so why will City? Just because we have the money doesn't mean that other teams are now incapable of buying players. The money we spend will be spent by Milan and other clubs will benefit. Player values will only go up for City because clubs cannot compete, clubs will demand more and other clubs will refuse to pay even more ridiculous prices than what we are seeing now. As far as I'm concerned, football was ruined by money years ago. £20k a week is absolutely pathetic, for kicking a bag of wind around a field, never mind £500k. City are simply exploiting a system/business that's already been ruined by money, making it a more exclusive race for rewards, rather than an open one. Fair play to the owners, they've got bags of money and it is simply no object as far they and City are concerned. Don't worry people, football was already ruined by money. All city are doing are taking advantage of a hole what all the major clubs (Mr Baconface!) have been digging for years.

Plus, I might actually see us win something now!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Big Man Scolari - don't yer just luv that guy -

We'll have to once we've bought the Brazil national side, because he'll probably be managing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.