Zonal defending = 3 leaked goals. It has to stop!

ManCityFC said:
The last two games our defence has been mediocre at best. Solid up until now, I grant you, but it is looking seriously shaky at the moment. I blame this zonal system, never liked nor rated it. We rode our luck against Arsenal and it may run out if we are not careful. I trust Bobby to sort it, but a better team could have taken us apart today. Let's hope it is just a blip and not teams sussing us out.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Your right in the sense the last two games we haven't looked that great defensivelely, but come on, its a bit knee jerk to want to scrap it all, im sure Mancini will hate the way we've conceeded lately more than anyone, and im sure its just a case of fine tuning things.

ManCityFC said:
This shite didn't work. We need to go man for man. Pissed off with it now.

Best defence in the league.

You are clearly a confused person.

Sent from my laptop wearing a towel, just of of the shower.

The first goal was Kolo's major - and panicky - contribution to quite a few minutes of a serious Keystone Cops routine, with powerful examples of woeful tackling (non-tackling) thrown-in. The second was down to Joleon being daft: Joe did not read the penalty well, the Wolves player opened up his entire body right, so unless he intended to whip his foot around it and pirouette, I'd say Joe was just blindly guessing. The third was...well, mark your targets as they come lads, this isn't rocket science.

So that's 5 goals Wolves have put past us. Tsk.

It has worked brilliantly for us up until very recently. The Leicester game really shown up our frailty in defence, with Kompany but today wasn't much better. Its always something though, we defend great but cant score or we score loads but struggle to defend. Make your mind up Bobby and stick to one ;-)

ManCityFC said:

We've played Zonal marking since Mancini arrived. We have the best defensive record in the league with the most clean sheet. What do you know about defending?

The players need to wake up and be more active on corners. I'm a big fan of Zonal marking, but it only works if the players do what they're supposed to do.

ManCityFC said:

Do you even know what zonal marking is? You must have missed the 11 clean sheets already this season.

the only thing I hate about the system is the fact all 11 are back in our area I even posted a thread about this last season <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161769&hilit=11+back" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161769&hilit=11+back</a> still think the issues I mentioned in the first post are there we simply cannot counter with everyone back.

ManCityFC said:

Are you aware of the defensive record? Crazy comment

Poor goals, but Lescott made an unnecessary challenge for the pen. and for Wolves 1st goal there was a big ricochet. Zonal defence, or man for man would have made no difference to 2 of the goals.

A slow start, and a great start from Wolves but we gradually got into it, and for 30 mins in the 2nd half we played some of our best football of the season

Marvin said:
ManCityFC said:

Are you aware of the defensive record? Crazy comment

Poor goals, but Lescott made an unnecessary challenge for the pen. and for Wolves 1st goal there was a big ricochet. Zonal defence, or man for man would have made no difference to 2 of the goals.

A slow start, and a great start from Wolves but we gradually got into it, and for 30 mins in the 2nd half we played some of our best football of the season

Absolutely right there is no need to panic but Mancini does need to go back to the drawing board to explain to the defenders exactly how the zonal system works. Plus some analysis on how it has been and is being found out by the opposition.

Plenty said it would be found out and lets be honest it isnt just the last game is it where we have looked vulnerable to set pieces.I think even BPool away was down to set pieces finding us out wasn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.