Zonal Marking...?

dancity19

Been away since boxing day, so taped the games and higlights and watching them now. Just watching the full Wolves game, and listening to them talking about our Zonal Marking at half time. Just wondering what were peoples thoughts on this, with their being so much debate about liverpools policy of zonal marking.

2 clean sheets says it all for me, we were shipping them in left right and centre before

It was discussed at length on here after the Wolves game.

Some said it wasn't working for Liverpool and it was pointed out that it's a system that Benitez has used for years and Liverpool before this season conceded very few.
In conclusion, zonal works well so long as every player concentrates and takes his responsibility

The Pink Panther said:

Some said it wasn't working for Liverpool and it was pointed out that it's a system that Benitez has used for years and Liverpool before this season conceded very few.
In conclusion, zonal works well so long as every player concentrates and takes his responsibility

Very true. I've heard people say before that it's obviously the best way to defend set pieces but requires a high level of concentration and intelligence from the players doing it. The main problem is that when it goes wrong you look like a bunch of arses.

The Pink Panther said:

Ah ok...sorry, was away so didn't really get a chance to read all the threads! Ye...hopefully it will work, I like the fact that we have changed a few things about, shows Mancini is a guy with his very own tactical ideas, with this being implemeneted, and the change of formation early in the Wolves game, all good signs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.