ZONAL OR MAN FOR MAN

We are like a set of traffic cones from set pieces at both ends.

Before this season started i genuinely believed we would have a great season. Defense has been our strength for such a long time. Its incredible how shit it has become and so quickly. There is absolutely no organization back there. I really do feel sorry for Given. He must feel like he never left St James Park.

last night it looked like the defenders thought,, it doesnt matter shay will save it!!

leaving balls, not heading, was unbelievable!!!!

Hamburg did their homework on us. They knew Shay wouldn't come for any crosses from corners so they whipped it into the 6 yard box everytime.

We go man for man i think. The main problem with it is it's very easy for the marker to get blocked off by other players, leaving the attacker totally free.

Zonal marking would be best i think, but not the version Liverpool employed against Chelsea where they just stood around. You give a player a zone for him to attack, if the ball goes anywhere near there it is his responsibility to compete for it, that way you won't get a defender standing static and the attacker shouldn't get a run on him.

Or if we go man for man, we need to clear the box out, have less players cluttering the place up and give room for the keeper to claim anything remotely close to him. Realistically, anything from the penalty spot inwards should be the keepers if he had room to come and claim it. Even a punch away is better than most defensive headers anyway and considering how the refs over-protect the keeper so much he shouldn't have to many problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.