General Videogame Thread

Anyone else played Battle Brothers? My brother sent it me on Steam for Christmas and I've finally got round to playing it and it's weirdly addictive. No explanations or tutorials and a shit load of things that can pretty much cripple your army instantly at the start, but on my 5th go now and I'm getting the hang of it. It's a bit like an old heroes of might and magic game combined with Xcom, which suits me perfectly as I love both those series

Played a bit more this afternoon with 3 mates. Fuck me this game is shite. Driving mechanics are awful. It's a game designed so you can go anywhere and approach missions from any angle but where's the fun in that if getting there is annoying as fuck?

Timed missions? Get to the next radar in 1 minute...Go. Very poor design.

Other cars/ people. Thick as shite.

It plays like the bad bits from Just Cause 3's driving and Far Cry 4's guns.

You can't run over cows. You can shot them. No idea why.

In fact it is JC3 without the teather...i.e the fun bit.

You can't roll. Cover means crouching behind something, no hugging a wall and peaking out.

Won't be buying it.
Don't think I'll bother then, got a steam voucher, don't know what to use it on now :(

Just got back into the total wars series with Shogun 2.

It's a great series and worth a play.

Played a bit more this afternoon with 3 mates. Fuck me this game is shite. Driving mechanics are awful. It's a game designed so you can go anywhere and approach missions from any angle but where's the fun in that if getting there is annoying as fuck?

Timed missions? Get to the next radar in 1 minute...Go. Very poor design.

Other cars/ people. Thick as shite.

It plays like the bad bits from Just Cause 3's driving and Far Cry 4's guns.

You can't run over cows. You can shot them. No idea why.

In fact it is JC3 without the teather...i.e the fun bit.

You can't roll. Cover means crouching behind something, no hugging a wall and peaking out.

Won't be buying it.

Cheers, I'll remove it from my wishlist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.