European Super League?

As others have said, that would probably be the end for me. I'm already bored of going to Barcelona and Munich and realistically there will be less than 10 clubs that could compete. If they invite Ajax or Celtic, would they be happy getting pummeled every week?

Can't see it being viable for Premier League clubs in particular. City will make around £200m from broadcasting alone this year, and a lot of the commercial deals are dependent on advertising in the Premier League. Are we going to walk away from that?

I think they are more likely to revamp the Champions League.

I live the way Spurs have finished above Liverpool 6 of the last 7 seasons yet Liverpool are a supposed club who would go.

Not a big fan of that idea at all, the 39th game, super league, old firm in England etc are always off putting

I still don't get whether this is instead of the champions league or being touted as a replacement of the premier league. If it means us coming out of our domestic league, i'm afraid i'll be giving up my season ticket..the whole thing will become even more corporate than it already is, ticket prices will go up and less away fans means less of an atmosphere.

Just a matter of time I'm afraid.
Big clubs would/could run the main team in the Euro League under a franchise system (think NFL) and run a second team in the NotQuiteSo Premier League - a place where EDS boys can experience men's football.

Another revamp of the ECL to put pressure on UEFA to up the ante and get more money for Milan, Barca, RM, BM, PSG, etc. - but they don't seem to get that the big bucks head for the EPL because the football is more exciting and competitive and the atmosphere has something about it.

As opposed to something close to Scottish Prem or La Liga or Ligue In or Bundesliga when the title comes down to maybe 4 or 6 games per season.
Of course the EPL is heading down that track with the slow death of the atmosphere, the bias towards some clubs to keep it a 6-team contest, the pricing out of the older fans, etc.
No doubt 'istree lah would play a part in qualifying for the Euro League otherwise how would the Dippers get in with all their Far East cash.

Hmmm for me it would more likely be the non English clubs pushing this as their need for money is greater as things stand they get no where near what even the bottom team in the premier league gets from tv money ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.