So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

I don't. I think he's replacing the spine of the squad. It's essentialy still the team that Mancini built, with Hart, Vinny, Yaya and Sergio as our most important players. He fucked Hart off, Vinny has been fit for 6 weeks and has played one game. Yaya is only back because of injury to another key player, and now it looks like the end for Kun.
He is completely rebuilding the squad and when he's finished it will be a team that Pep has built and be able to take full credit for.
I should have qualified my answer with "To a do a Tevez before going".

I'm 95 percent behind Pep (The other 5 is reserved for Bravo to prove me wrong and I'll happily concede) and whatever decisions he makes squad wise. Hungry Jesus and Sergio scoring left right and centre would shit the chavs up.

I don't. I think he's replacing the spine of the squad. It's essentialy still the team that Mancini built, with Hart, Vinny, Yaya and Sergio as our most important players. He fucked Hart off, Vinny has been fit for 6 weeks and has played one game. Yaya is only back because of injury to another key player, and now it looks like the end for Kun.
He is completely rebuilding the squad and when he's finished it will be a team that Pep has built and be able to take full credit for.
True. We will end up with the best team and squad these shores has ever seen.

I'd still take Fabinho, Sidibe, Mendy and Bakayoko ahead of him.

We don't need another u21 pacey winger/striker. We've spent £125,000,000 on 3 of them in the last 18 months.

Mbappe may very well go on to be something special, but Sané, Jesus and Sterling are further down the same path, and you just have to play the ones we've got and enjoy watching them as they improve you can't fill the entire squad with wide forwards, and having too many just stifles them anyway.

I see what you're saying but i'm talking about if Kun goes. I don't think that Kelechi is someone who will adapt well enought Pep's way and will probably be better served by a loan move next season as opposed to being on the bench here. When I think about Auba or to a lesser extent Dybala, as much as I'd love to have one of them at the club, they will come into a situation that Kun's stepping out of because of game time/minutes. So as much as you don't wanna stifle the three you've mentioned, you're less likely to stifle them if you bring in someone younger/rawer than if you bring in a Dybala/Auba.

TBH, maybe this is gonna make me look stupid in the weeks/months to come - but I think Jesus is already our number 1 choice for the number 9 position. He has a reputation for being robust, having few physical/injury issues, and he is mentally tough as nails. He's technically a better all round footballer than Kun and he has everything in his locker to become a true great and surpass Kun. This is his time and Dybala/Aubamayang will stifle that considerably as they will both demand lots of playing to to move to City.

I'd go after Mbappe all guns blazing if Nolito/Navas go nevermind if Kun goes too.

The media are hiliarious really, Pep says he doesn't know if Sergio will be at city next season and they all suddenly think something is going on. Pep doesn't know if ANY of the current lot will be here because he isn't and won't be thinking of who is going to be here next season.

He barely knows who is going to be playing tonight until the last minute let alone who is staying on for next year. The question they need to ask is if Aguero works hard and wants to play and scores then seriously why would we ever want to sell him?

I'm shocked at the amount of Blues I have come across who consider Monaco as some sort of also-rans.

We lucked out with this draw.

I heard some woman in Mary D's before the Swansea game being asked by a French journo what she thought of Monaco and I was just shaking my head at her lack of knowledge and levels of arrogance.

Apparently, "They'll be no problem, easy."

i know spurs lost both games to them but if i remember rightly it was poor finishing from spurs in the first game and whilst dominating possession in the second game they were second best, i'm worried about our defensive capabilities against them

He'll be ahead of Benzema yes but getting no more game time than he does here, it's been a huge failing on behalf of both ourselves and Madrid that we've had so little cover for our main strikers and both of them have been in the unique position of being virtually undroppable because of it. Can't see him going to PSG, they have Cavani and even with Monaco starting to improve Ligue 1 is a huge step down from the PL.

You do PSG a serious disservice. Yes of course Ligue 1 is a drop down from the PL and La Liga but for players these days Paris is as viable an option as Madrid/Barca/United/Chelsea. For Aguero I think it may even appeal more than Madrid precisely because of what you say about game time. I also have a sneaky suspicion that we're going to see an Argentinian manager at PSG in the very near future. ;)

The sun, or maybe the star, ran with this made up shit. Aguero, the club and Guardiola flatly deny it so i don't know what more City can do.
If he doesn't play, he'll be off, and as others have pointed out that's down to him proving he's good enough and hungry enough in training to prove he is worth a place in our starting 11.

We should see this as a positive because no one's place is guaranteed, and everyone has to fight for their place. If we were playing QPR in the last game of the season and a win guaranteed the title, there would be a very strong argument to play Sterling, jesus and Sane. Also an equally strong one to play Aguero, Jesus and Sane, but it's not cut and dried he starts, therefore there is justified speculation

You do PSG a serious disservice. Yes of course Ligue 1 is a drop down from the PL and La Liga but for players these days Paris is as viable an option as Madrid/Barca/United/Chelsea. For Aguero I think it may even appeal more than Madrid precisely because of what you say about game time. I also have a sneaky suspicion that we're going to see an Argentinian manager at PSG in the very near future. ;)
Who, Pochettino? Would be good to see what he could do with a squad with PSG's age profile and egos, might be a bit of a wake up call for him tbh.

Who, Pochettino? Would be good to see what he could do with a squad with PSG's age profile and egos, might be a bit of a wake up call for him tbh.

They want him or Simeone long term. Word is Emery is their Pellegrini keeping the seat warm until one of them comes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.