So why suddenly do they talk about Aguero leaving?

If he doesn't play, he'll be off, and as others have pointed out that's down to him proving he's good enough and hungry enough in training to prove he is worth a place in our starting 11.

We should see this as a positive because no one's place is guaranteed, and everyone has to fight for their place. If we were playing QPR in the last game of the season and a win guaranteed the title, there would be a very strong argument to play Sterling, jesus and Sane. Also an equally strong one to play Aguero, Jesus and Sane, but it's not cut and dried he starts, therefore there is justified speculation

Before this shit appeared on the back of a paper, everything you say in your second paragraph was true. Why dont the shit papers wax lyrical about a possible partnership with Aguero and Jesus instead of 'speculating' on Agueros fucking off?

They want him or Simeone long term. Word is Emery is their Pellegrini keeping the seat warm until one of them comes.
Interesting, what shape is PSG's academy in? Can't imagine they have too much room under FFP for a major overhaul and I can't see Pochettino working with quite a few of the players there - although obviously Veratti, Matuidi and Moura are perfectly suited along with the right back with the attitude problems.
They're in better shape than I thought they'd be at this stage PSG so fair dues to them but I still think moving there is a huge step down - I can't see them winning the CL before Sergio goes back to Argentina (although I reckon we've a good chance) and it's effectively saying he wants to go and stroll through 30 league games a season in a far easier league (Monaco accepted - Nice look too much like a flash in the pan with some seriously in form attackers, the rest are shite).

Before this shit appeared on the back of a paper, everything you say in your second paragraph was true. Why dont the shit papers wax lyrical about a possible partnership with Aguero and Jesus instead of 'speculating' on Agueros fucking off?
Because they're sad ****s that have taken every single chance they've gotten for the last 8 years to try and unsettle our squad and fans. I can still remember the fail running a 4 page spread before the 11/12 season on 11 players that were out the door at City - not one left and among those featured were Dzeko, Yaya, Silva, Lescott, Zaba and NDJ - trying to unsettle the core of the side much?

Interesting, what shape is PSG's academy in? Can't imagine they have too much room under FFP for a major overhaul and I can't see Pochettino working with quite a few of the players there - although obviously Veratti, Matuidi and Moura are perfectly suited along with the right back with the attitude problems.
They're in better shape than I thought they'd be at this stage PSG so fair dues to them but I still think moving there is a huge step down - I can't see them winning the CL before Sergio goes back to Argentina (although I reckon we've a good chance) and it's effectively saying he wants to go and stroll through 30 league games a season in a far easier league (Monaco accepted - Nice look too much like a flash in the pan with some seriously in form attackers, the rest are shite).

PSG academy is excellent as it should be. Enormous catchment area, no other clubs locally competing with them in a one team City.

I see what you're saying about the CL but honestly if Kun was of that mentality he'd be having zero interest in leaving City. Instead the first sign of him needing to adapt and work harder than he has done previously and he's eyeing up a move. I hope he rises to the challenge but i'm not hopeful.

Because they're sad ****s that have taken every single chance they've gotten for the last 8 years to try and unsettle our squad and fans. I can still remember the fail running a 4 page spread before the 11/12 season on 11 players that were out the door at City - not one left and among those featured were Dzeko, Yaya, Silva, Lescott, Zaba and NDJ - trying to unsettle the core of the side much?

Is the right answer.
The notion that it's 'justified speculation' is at best naive.

PSG academy is excellent as it should be. Enormous catchment area, no other clubs locally competing with them in a one team City.

I see what you're saying about the CL but honestly if Kun was of that mentality he'd be having zero interest in leaving City. Instead the first sign of him needing to adapt and work harder than he has done previously and he's eyeing up a move. I hope he rises to the challenge but i'm not hopeful.
He was rising to it earlier in the season - honestly I still think this is mountain out of molehill shit because he's been dropped for 2 games and Guardiola isn't the type of manager to give anyone assurances, it should calm down if he gets back in the team regularly and starts scoring again.

I watched half an hour of Monaco v Metz at the weekend and Monaco won 5-0 without breaking sweat. It was a mis-match. It is hard to tell whether they are that good, or whether Lique 1 is that bad. They are on course to score well over a hundred goals this season and may break all French scoring records. They are also narrowly ahead of PSG in their league, and PSG have a fantastic squad of players: Thiago Silva, Veratti, Cavani but I have thought for a while that PSG underperform.

I wish I had seen more of the Monaco v Spurs Champions League games. Monaco beat Spurs home and away and no one has beaten Spurs at home in the Premier League. For the fans I think Monaco represent a bit of an unknown quantity, but I think most will realise that at this stage it's going to be a very difficult tie, and City will maybe marginal favourites to go through. I think this maybe a season where a team outside of barca, Real Madrid and Bayern wins the trophy as none of those teams seem to be at their best. Real madrid have only lost 1 league game this season, but they didn't play well in the Group stages.

Is the right answer.
The notion that it's 'justified speculation' is at best naive.
Used to work with a fucking idiot of a rag back at that time that believed every word that paper wrote - I remember looking at the list of players and telling him I'd give him an Even money bet that not one would leave - FFS we were building a squad at that time not dismantling one. That was the window we signed Sergio, in every single window since (including the first January one (homesick and doesn't like the weather iirc)) the star, mirror, sun and fail have been fabricating outright lies linking him with a move to Real and Barca and they've been wrong 11 windows on the trot and counting - that's why I'm still not convinced he'll leave this summer tbh.

Given that Hart wasn't afforded that opportunity, you can hardly blame him, and particularly given that he has noticeably upped his work rate this season to try and adapt. Selling Kun sits very uncomfortably with me both on and off the pitch, but if I was a gambling man I'd put money on him being gone come June

We need Sergio to stay for another season. Defence and keeper needs the most work. We have some fantastic young players coming through with Sancho and Diaz and that's not even including the ones out on loan such as Unal and Roberts who will return at the end of the season. Now's the time the hold our nerve and not bottle up the route to the first team. Of course, if a player like Dybala became viable for not silly money, we should be interested, but otherwise keep our powder dry in that area of the team. If I had to choose where to spend silly money it would be on a keeper, but nowhere else...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.