Oroville Dam Failing Live News Footage

I hope people see what we have to deal with everyday by me quoting this post, where is my justi...what do you mean i don't count if i don't have a soul.

Haha, go and have a look at those midgets fighting on the roundabout thread.

I hope people see what we have to deal with everyday by me quoting this post, where is my justi...what do you mean i don't count if i don't have a soul.
Only if you have a temporary traffic light on your head, or maybe a sleeping policeman on your back. Otherwise, fuck you, youre a terrorist

The dam itself isn't failing, folks. It's the concrete in the main spillway that removes the excess water that is. There's an emergency spillway that is little more than a hillside that was used last week to remove the excess overfill in the lake.

Use of the spillways plus the failure of the concrete in the main spillway would lead to water and also rocks and debris going downstream. That's what lead to the earlier evacuations.

The Oroville dam is the tallest in the nation. If it failed it would be a catastrophe on an unprecedented scale in the state. But the dam itself is fine according to all reports.

This is about 150 miles northeast of me. It's supposed to be torrential here tonight and tomorrow; not too bad now.

The dam itself isn't failing, folks. It's the concrete in the main spillway that removes the excess water that is. There's an emergency spillway that is little more than a hillside that was used last week to remove the excess overfill in the lake.

Use of the spillways plus the failure of the concrete in the main spillway would lead to water and also rocks and debris going downstream. That's what lead to the earlier evacuations, plus the excess water.

The Oroville dam is the tallest in the nation. If it failed it would be a catastrophe on an unprecedented scale in the state. But the dam itself is fine according to all reports.

This is about 150 miles northeast of me. It's supposed to be torrential here tonight and tomorrow; not too bad now.

I just heard them say it was the first time the spillways had been used in nearly 50 years. It may be prudent to rebuild or at least structurally test other dams with similar aged infrastructure with rarely used components.

Teton dam was fine as well, I'm with the inbred hicks on this one, it's going to fail.

Use of the spillways plus the failure of the concrete in the main spillway would lead to water and also rocks and debris going downstream. That's what lead to the earlier evacuations.

Does that mean the California drought is over now for a year, or is that hugely simplifying it and speaking for ignoramus's, as I intend to do by posting this vaguely satirical post after a day and half on the piss?

Teton dam was fine as well, I'm with the inbred hicks on this one, it's going to fail.
Unless someone is considerate to start a medium scale war in an area with good net connectivity and webcams this is all we have. Syria webcams are useless and the one decent one got blown up by a tank shell. I may try iraq again, where they having a do now, mosul is it, i'll be right back.

I know nothing about dams apart from what I learned in geography but I hope nothing bad happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.