Monaco - Post Match thread.

Heartless first half, no balls, that's what hurts the most. A little bit of desire would have been great, offered most the team my slippers in the first half they were that layed back.

Im sure Kun has lost that vital split second he use to have. With the leaky onion bag that we have, we need to score shit loads!

It is always a fluid and dynamic system under Guardiola, it is never rigid and the tactics changes depending on situations and it even changed in the first half as well e.g Sterling and Sane switching positions and full backs inverting inside. The shape of the team was essentially the same in the second half.

The point still remains that it was not the tactics that caused that first half performance, you should not miss that reality as well. The players were weak and that is why the team played poorly in the first half . The tactics even though it was bad (which I don't think so) cannot warrant the performance. It is internal, within the players and they did not show up.

I'm sorry but playing dinho as the sole holding midfielder was a mistake, a tactical one!

It wasn't the first half that cost us, it was the first leg. We gifted them three easy away goals, make such basic mistakes at that level and you go out. Sterling had a poor game, Aguero must have had lead in his boots, his first touch was bad all game. Poor delivery from set pieces. Clichy and Sagna aren't good enough attacking wise. Fullbacks these days are now so important when it comes to attacking, and they don't give us enough.
Hence why I argued for Dihno and Zaba to start. That said, our lethargy in the first half might have still cost us though

Shit tactics and team selection. Why play an attacking side against a team that has to attack us from the off? We left space everywhere for them in the first half. Our midfield was weak, reminded me of watching Arsenal. If we started with Yaya and Fernandinho in front of the back four we'd now be through. Naive from Pep. Better second half but the damage was done and fault must lie with the team he picked to defend a lead.

I'm not sure we spent all that money on KDB for him to be a ball winning midfield player.

no but in games you need a bit of fight.

silva isn't a ball winning midfielder either but he does it and doesn't pull out of challenges

Guardiola without Messi is developing a poor European record. I get it. He likes good football. But so did Keegan. Our recent good form is hardly rocket science
Getting the ball to pacy skillful wingers. Not saying he is the emperor's new clothes but best manager in the world. Not in my book.

Hes got an awful lot to prove that's a certainty , he's no dead cert that's for sure, and as you've pointed out his football isn't revolutionary- it's just attacking football that's relies on the quality at his disposal , getting it to pacy wingers has been going on for 40 years.

We seem to all over analyse Pep as some sort of Messiah, the table is proving otherwise , if it's about spending shit loads then is it that fucking great?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.