Monaco - Post Match thread.

Holy lord, are you awake?
He did fantastically to block the initial cross for the first goal, I am literally embarrassed for you claiming he should have stopped the second one half a second later.

We just got totally out classed over 2 legs and didnt have a shot on goal until minute 55 tonight, and you want to blame our youngest, newest defender?
I am cringing for you.
Don't be I cringe every time I watch Stones and think £50 million....

no but in games you need a bit of fight.

silva isn't a ball winning midfielder either but he does it and doesn't pull out of challenges

Find it ridiculous that our "fans" are turning on KDB. They obviously missed him playing deeper in the sweeper role 2nd half, that lead to us dominating.

Lack of fight maybe but he's still created more chances that any player in the top 5 leagues.

With a two goal lead we have the perfect players in Sane and Sterling in playing fast counter attacking football away from home especially in Europe and especially when we have a lead.

Silva and Kev shouldn't play together in those circumstances. I'd question whether either of them should actually start. Put Yaya and Fernando in for those two and do you see us two down within half an hour?

Exactly. I think the most damning thing about this season though is no-one actually knows what our best team is - especially defensively. That includes Pep as he fucks around with it so much.

Peps fault. How he couldn't see us not retaining possession was key is beyond me.
Game changed 2nd half didn't it. What did you want him to do that could possibly have changed things

We started OK, but got rocked by the goal, and the players I felt were shocked and rocked off their game. That's natural. if you are suggesting that yaya toure should have started then that is wrong in my opinion. He uses the ball well, but one thing that Monaco have is great intensity and speed and Toure can't do the work off the ball that is required in that position.

Think Pep agrees with you; he's alluded to it often enough in post match interviews this season

thing is pep sees that as a problem to solve with the attackers....personally i see it as a problem defensively.....stop those 1-2 chances and we won't have a problem but we are play a shit left back at centre half cause he is good at passing and none of our full backs are good enough either......

Well that's very disappointing. I really don't think we should've played defensively, we just need to defend crosses better and again we had some very good chances to score more. Will remember this CL for beating Barcelona, just a bad time to be off it tonight.

Do give over.Stones fails to cut out cross Goal 1,Stones nowhere need player Goal 3.

To remind you of what really happened on the first goal the reason he couldn't get near it fast enough was he'd been the one to block a shot at goal and was left to get up off the floor while the ball landed to another player for the cross, closest player Aguero stood still during that passage of play. On the 2nd goal he was left to deal with 3 players on his own at one point in that passage of play before the cross, closest player Silva walking not sure who to pick up. The third goal it was the player Kolarov should have picked up that got the goal Stones allowed his to get in front of him meaning there were effectively 2 players free in the middle since neither of them got near it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.