Monaco - Post Match thread.

Sagna - 34 years old
Kolarov - 31 years old
Clichy - 31 years old

How? Just fucking how are we playing a second leg of a CL tie with those 3 in the defence?!
Easy. There is no transfer policy at City. Picking names out of a hat. Hopefully that changes and very quick in the summer.

With the players we have. It would have been suicide to just try and defend.
Problem is , no one saw the car crash performance, from everyone in the 1st half.
It wasn't a case of 'just' defending. But 5 players who offer very little defensively, and thus a midfield of virtually 1 to protect that woeful defensive line was what was suicidal.

We didn't need Silva AND De Bruyne on the pitch, up front, with a 2 goal lead. As much as someone can say Yaya doesn't offer much defensively, having him alongside Dinho and putting his foot on the ball every now and then would have been priceless.

Such a shame for all those that travelled and had to witness such a poor effort. I don't know how Pep can defend any of that tonight. All, including those that are
In Charge need to have a serious chat with themselves. That was just not good enough. Ok our team is developing, but surely they're beyond embarrassing themselves. Missing chances like those that were literally a gift is inexcusable.

He has loads of options he's just too stubborn to admit he's wrong

To be fair, I am struggling to think of many managers who change things around so much. If you were talking about Pellegrini, I would agree wholeheartedly with you.

Bringing on Nacho with just 6 minutes to go. Feel for the lad.

KDB needs his head given a wobble. Terrible lately.

Said after 5 minutes that just having Fern wasn't working and Yaya needed bringing on.

What the so called greatest manager in world was seeing tonight I don't know.

I think it's coming to an end unfortunately. Tonight has highlighted it for me.

He can still get 30 a season in this team & be a matchwinner, but he's lost that half a yard which would have got him 3 goals tonight & imo he is no longer the best we can do in that position.

Three good chances wasted by passing to Serg in a worse position due team mates not having the bottle to finish themselves. Silva was clean through and stopped, and Sterling had a great chance and fed Serg with a hospital bobble ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.