Last Film You Saw

Saw Logan yesterday with much excitement having seen all the great reviews, but was quite disappointed.

It's by no means a bad film, but a RT score of 92% seems very, very generous to me. The first half is excellent but then it loses itself; it's clear the writers knew how they wanted it to end but struggled to figure out how to get to that point and how it would happen. The introduction of a certain weapon (trying to avoid spoilers here) was also wholly unnecessary; it served nothing to the plot and was never explained to the audience at all. I was convinced it was a dream sequence at first, that's how out-of-place it was.

I also didn't like the whole meta-narrative of the characters knowing that there were comic books about them. This works in Deadpool because he often breaks the fourth wall and is essentially a parody/satire of comic book superheroes, but in Logan it just seemed very at odds with everything else in the film and the series.

I watched Triangle the other day with the lovely Melissa George..

What a mind f*** of a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the ending I'm still like WTF?! anyone understand what was going on answers on a postcode..

About a woman (Melissa George) with an autistic son.. she goes on a boat trip and very STRANGE things start to happen as their group is targetted by a killer.

I watched Triangle the other day with the lovely Melissa George..

What a mind f*** of a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the ending I'm still like WTF?! anyone understand what was going on answers on a postcode..

About a woman (Melissa George) with an autistic son.. she goes on a boat trip and very STRANGE things start to happen as their group is targetted by a killer.

Good film that was overlooked in 2009!

My theory with the time loop is that Jess is already dead when she gets on the boat, she died in the car crash, but the body that gets the taxi to the docks and boards the ferry is her soul....

The name of the liner is Aeolus, who in Greek mythology had a son named Sisyphus, who breaks a promise to death, as a result he is made to push a boulder up a hill and watch it roll back down again, only to repeat the process in a never ending loop.

I think this is the same with Jess, after she gets out the taxi at the start she promises to return, mixed with the abuse she gives to her autistic son, I believe the loop is a punishment from death, much like the one dished out to Sisyphus in Greek mythology

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.