Monaco - Post Match thread.

Why unlikely? Our fans are in full woman mode. We were a keepers stud away from being in the quarter finals of the champions league. Man the fuck up and back the team.

In the same breath, why don't the players *man the fuck up* and back the fans? Let's start with the 800 who made the expensive trip to Monaco to support those players. Or are they going to put in another gutless, spineless, and embarrassing 45 minutes on Sunday against Liverpool, like they did in the first half against Monaco? It works both ways.

As fans all we expect is 90 minutes, yes 90 minutes, not eight and half hours of work, effort, determination, passion, etc, like many of us put into our jobs 5 day's a week. I'm sure if you were afforded the privilege of wearing a City shirt and giving your all for 90 minutes, you'd do a damned site better than some of those players did on Wednesday night. No?

Not happy to read some of the comments attributed to some of our lads today. Hard to point blame at the manager after doing so. They obviously didn't execute the plan he gave them first half, and I'll never understand, in a game as big as that...why.

Not happy to read some of the comments attributed to some of our lads today. Hard to point blame at the manager after doing so. They obviously didn't execute the plan he gave them first half, and I'll never understand, in a game as big as that...why.

Many of them know they are not required at the club after this season and unfortunately many of them of them are of the mind set that near enough is good enough.

The next three games will be interesting as we can cement our place in the top four or go a long way to ensure we won't be in the draw for next season where some of these

players have already other priorities.

Many of them know they are not required at the club after this season and unfortunately many of them of them are of the mind set that near enough is good enough.

The next three games will be interesting as we can cement our place in the top four or go a long way to ensure we won't be in the draw for next season where some of these

players have already other priorities.

And its the clubs fault and nobody elses, half of these players have been allowed to run their contracts down all at the same time to the point the vast majority will leave in the summer for fuck all or paltry fees, where is the motivation for them to run through brick walls? They know they are going , there are no new juicy contract offers on the table for them.

We are in the position now yet again where we will be shoehorning 5/6 new players into a new team/Country/style of play for the new season ahead, this situation is of the clubs own making, the glaring example is the fullback situation, its nothing short of a disgrace the situation we now find ourselves in especially in that department.

There are literally a dozen players on the books that are either not good enough or are simply treading water thinking about the next club they will be playing for.

Bony
Mangala
Otomendi
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Yaya
Willy
Delph
Fernando
Fernandinho (arguably)
Bravo
Navas
Nolito

One hell of a list is that of players with big question marks over their futures-11 of which have been brought to the club by our current DoF.

Is it any surprise this season has been what it is?

Pep must be thinking what the fuck is going on here, its not how Bayern or Barca carry on thats a certainty-i feel for the guy i really do.

And its the clubs fault and nobody elses, half of these players have been allowed to run their contracts down all at the same time to the point the vast majority will leave in the summer for fuck all or paltry fees, where is the motivation for them to run through brick walls? They know they are going , there are no new juicy contract offers on the table for them.

We are in the position now yet again where we will be shoehorning 5/6 new players into a new team/Country/style of play for the new season ahead, this situation is of the clubs own making, the glaring example is the fullback situation, its nothing short of a disgrace the situation we now find ourselves in especially in that department.

There are literally a dozen players on the books that are either not good enough or are simply treading water thinking about the next club they will be playing for.

Bony
Mangala
Otomendi
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Yaya
Willy
Delph
Fernando
Fernandinho (arguably)
Bravo
Navas
Nolito

One hell of a list is that of players with big question marks over their futures-11 of which have been brought to the club by our current DoF.

Is it any surprise this season has been what it is?

Pep must be thinking what the fuck is going on here, its not how Bayern or Barca carry on thats a certainty-i feel for the guy i really do.

Thats a pretty horrific list of players isnt it. Just shows how poor our investment in players has been over the last few years apart from a few players.

I was at the Blarney Stone in Amsterdam watching the game, thankfully couldn't be in a better place to forget my worries afterwards.
Totally gutted, more at the performance - especially 1st half - than the result.

2 of many.

Our biggest clean out for many a year and long overdue.

We will lose games under Pep but no one should have to tolerate and accept the first half performance against Monaco and they have to become a thing of the past if the club is to gain some respect as a force in club football.

Totally agree with this, with the proviso of my two added words. We had them frightened in the second half, right from the kick-off. It should have been from the initial whistle. That is what really, really hurts.

There were a lot of things that got my back up on the night.
But what was that free kick in the last min from Kolorov all about ?
More or less in his favourite position and he chips it into the keepers arms. ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.