Sturgeon wants another referendum

If they leave they cannot join the EU without also joining the euro, so that's swinging cuts to public services required then as your debt as a % of GDP cannot be more than 3% and it's currently nearly 10%.

They won't be adopting the UK £, or if the UK allows this they won't be truly independent as it will be the UK deciding their interest rates etc.

Just as all leave voters voted knowing full well this would mean leaving the single market and we're happy to still vote leave, Scottish voters must have this in mind that a leave vote means either the euro or being tied to a foreign currency.

Prediction: 75-25% in favour of remain in the UK.

If they leave they cannot join the EU without also joining the euro, so that's swinging cuts to public services required then as your debt as a % of GDP cannot be more than 3% and it's currently nearly 10%.

They won't be adopting the UK £, or if the UK allows this they won't be truly independent as it will be the UK deciding their interest rates etc.

Just as all leave voters voted knowing full well this would mean leaving the single market and we're happy to still vote leave, Scottish voters must have this in mind that a leave vote means either the euro or being tied to a foreign currency.

Prediction: 75-25% in favour of remain in the UK.
Asked this before, who says they cant join the eu without the euro? Croatia, Poland, Romania,and Bulgaria have all joined recently and dont use the euro.

You were never going to know about those until after the deals were made

Correct - all part of the negotiations - and now we have strengthened the Negotiating team's position by 'resisting' those silly amendments we have a better chance of positive outcomes.

Re Indyref2 I really do think that May could do a lot worse than to set a date in the early summer of 2021 and commit to a 'once and for all' further vote and make it a clear plank of the GE manifesto that the Conservative party will vote to keep the Union intact. That would seem to spike a few of Nicola's guns and save the sanity of the 60m having to hear her drone on and on.

I also think that it would be very interesting to see where the Scottish vote goes in 2020 if the Brexit deal is looking quite good and we have had a few more years of turmoil and angst across the Eurozone.

Well, I certainly thought that I was correct in remembering that in recent years the ECB and IMF, as part of the bailout negotiations, had placed controls on Greece's economic strategy and sought to have assets, including gold reserves, placed as security against loans. Think this happened in 2012 and 2015.

We clearly were not simply dreaming as googling the topic can find reports of a Miss Katseli, who was a previous Greek labour minister being "......upset that Greece’s lenders will have the right to seize the gold reserves in the Bank of Greece under the terms of the new deal...................... The Reuters Global Gold Forum confirms that in the small print of the Greek “bailout” is a provision for the creditors to seize Greek national gold reserves.........."

It certainly seems that German officials in cahoots with the ECB have at least aspirations towards imposing controls over the economic strategies and assets, including gold reserves, over the EU countries that are placed into servitude via debt:

"...................While many market participants would expect that Greece’s gold reserves would be on the table in the debt agreement, it is the somewhat covert and untransparent way that this is being done that is of concern to Greeks and to people who believe in the rule of law.

Recent months have seen many senior German government officials calling for so called “PIIGS” nations gold reserves to be used as collateral. Such as Angela Merkel’s budget speaker and his opposition counterpart who urged Portugal to consider selling their gold.

Norbert Barthle, Germany’s governing coalition budget speaker and his counterpart Carsten Schneider from the Social Democrats, the biggest opposition party, urged Portugal to consider selling some of its gold reserves to ease its debt problems. They called for a review of Portugal’s request for financial aid to include gold and other potential asset sales.

The Irish Times reported in November that EU finance ministers’ discussed a wider strategy by the ECB to sound out the possibility of gaining control over the gold reserves of the euro zone’s central banks.

Senior German politician, Gunther Krichbaum, a lawmaker in German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s governing coalition and Chairman of the Committee on the Affairs of the European Union of the German Bundestag has proposed late last year that Italy sell its sizeable gold reserves in order to lower its debt.

Gold’s importance as debt and third party risk free collateral and as the ultimate form of money is increasing by the day.............."

So in a future scenario, that saw Scotland requiring a bailout, it cannot be dismissed as fanciful that any such deal may have comparable conditions of national assets being used as security

Much better research than my ham fisted attempt and backs up quite well my point about any future Scottish bailout by the EU, but in Scotland's case instead of gold read oil

The SNP want another referendum.
The British PM tells them they're not having one.
The SNP whinge and squawk, irrelevant, the decision lies with the British PM.
Foot stamping and teeth gnashing will get the same cold shoulder given to embittered remainers.
Totally pointless, totally futile, but amusing to
Correct - all part of the negotiations - and now we have strengthened the Negotiating team's position by 'resisting' those silly amendments we have a better chance of positive outcomes.

Re Indyref2 I really do think that May could do a lot worse than to set a date in the early summer of 2021 and commit to a 'once and for all' further vote and make it a clear plank of the GE manifesto that the Conservative party will vote to keep the Union intact. That would seem to spike a few of Nicola's guns and save the sanity of the 60m having to hear her drone on and on.

I also think that it would be very interesting to see where the Scottish vote goes in 2020 if the Brexit deal is looking quite good and we have had a few more years of turmoil and angst across the Eurozone.

Agtre entirely I dont have an issue with giving the Scots a vote. But May should also state that if they vote to stay the Barnett formula will be scrapped and the UK's money should be spent equally amoungst all nations. None of this bribery crap that Cameron and brown came up with. There is absolutely no justification in any other system.

Agtre entirely I dont have an issue with giving the Scots a vote. But May should also state that if they vote to stay the Barnett formula will be scrapped and the UK's money should be spent equally amoungst all nations. None of this bribery crap that Cameron and brown came up with. There is absolutely no justification in any other system.

Agreed with that last point - Brown and Darling were big on 'going the extra mile'

There should be a balance/fairness of approach for Scottish and English citizens - after all, if the SG wants go give all its citizens free prescriptions, student fees etc. they have the devolved powers to raise taxes - the SNP could put that in their manifesto.

It's pretty obvious that Magicpole is just full of wind and piss. He refuses to answer any questions that compromises his position. Just like his idol Nicola Sturgeon. A person of no substance.

Well, that's me told.

A Person of No Substance

Wasn't that a Bronte Novel?

No Substance?

Damn your eyes man, for they are surely blind and discriminatory to the situation, preferring to block out the light of truth and wallow in the darkness of self inflicted ignorance.

I shall repair to the garden and ponder my descending circumstance forthwith.

Good day sir!

Well, that's me told.

A Person of No Substance

Wasn't that a Bronte Novel?

No Substance?

Damn your eyes man, for they are surely blind and discriminatory to the situation, preferring to block out the light of truth and wallow in the darkness of self inflicted ignorance.

I shall repair to the garden and ponder my descending circumstance forthwith.

Good day sir!

Haha still refusing to answer the questions.

A man of straw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.