International Games 24/25/26 /27/28 March

Dreadful tackle and Taylor deserved the red card but fcuk me, the way everyones going on you'd have thought the player died.
It's a contact sport, it happens

It is a contact sport but when players go into tackles that are wholly reckless without any concern for the outcome then it does need sorting. Contact is one thing, maiming a player is another. And we get the same old claptrap from the likes of Hartson that Taylor is not that sort of player. Were he not that sort of player he wouldn't have that kind of tackle in his 'repertoire'! He would never contemplate going in for a tackle of that nature. He knew what he was doing and did it! And the dinosaur Welsh manager is coming the same old shit that he hasn't seen the Bale tackle that would allow him to pass judgement!

It is a contact sport but when players go into tackles that are wholly reckless without any concern for the outcome then it does need sorting. Contact is one thing, maiming a player is another. And we get the same old claptrap from the likes of Hartson that Taylor is not that sort of player. Were he not that sort of player he wouldn't have that kind of tackle in his 'repertoire'! He would never contemplate going in for a tackle of that nature. He knew what he was doing and did it! And the dinosaur Welsh manager is coming the same old shit that he hasn't seen the Bale tackle that would allow him to pass judgement!
Alway think "its a contact sport " is an odd thing to say, I know its a common phrase. But while their can be some contact as a consequence of challanging for the ball its a secondry thing. Football isnt a contact sport like rugby or american football where contact is a primary thing. Contact without the ball being played is nearly always aginst the rules and always has been.

Does anyone give a toss these days?
I don't. As an England supporter, all I see is stacks of ties against small countries that England should win - often easily.
With recent changes all we have now is a qualifying competition that is pretty meaningless. Only if you're unlucky will you be drawn in a group with any form of realistic competition.
When you get to the finals the competition is too big - it bankrupts the host nation to line the pockets of FIFA and UEFA execs and has far too many games. Only in the post group games do things get remotely interesting.
Indeed all I look for after internationals is the injury lists hopping that no City players have been injured.

Golden Goose - Killed.

Does anyone give a toss these days?
I don't. As an England supporter, all I see is stacks of ties against small countries that England should win - often easily.
With recent changes all we have now is a qualifying competition that is pretty meaningless. Only if you're unlucky will you be drawn in a group with any form of realistic competition.
When you get to the finals the competition is too big - it bankrupts the host nation to line the pockets of FIFA and UEFA execs and has far too many games. Only in the post group games do things get remotely interesting.
Indeed all I look for after internationals is the injury lists hopping that no City players have been injured.

Golden Goose - Killed.
Pretty sure France weren't bankrupted by the influx of football fans filling their pubs hotels and campsites in June. Russia might be a different issue, but when you have a politician that wants to legalize hooliganism it's no surprise that fans are somewhat reluctant to visit

If a Utd player had committed that foul in the PL, would all those bent refs have sent him off? Just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.