Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Read last part wrong my bad.

Keeper get a slight touch of ball but takes Sane out who had a chance of putting ball into net guess what comes next?.......

..........Penalty
so why didnt sane appeal and why does he say it wasn't a penalty?

Have you ever thought that the space opening up in that last 20 minutes or so is a direct result of the us controlling the ball and having the other team running themselves into the ground. Of course it would be brilliant to be a coup,e of gaols up after 20 minutes every game but it is just not feasible. You're watching a different team and a different game to me. Enjoy and be excited about the future.

I'm very excited for city...but what you are saying makes no sense in terms of TODAY'S game.

Quite simply, the game opened up because kompany scored from a set piece. Going down 0-1 like this forced the saints to come out of the gates. My point is that you cannot always depend on opening games up in such circumstances(city have never scored reliably from corners/set pieces except maybe direct free kicks from yaya), and the joy of winning 3-0 should not overshadow the glaring need to be realistic about city's big problems breaking defensive teams down from open play.

Good result, great day for kompany and the fans, but largely papering over some huge cracks from prior to the vinny goal.

On the positive note, given the defense looked more solid and some big games are coming up against more attacking teams, hopefully that means city will be afforded the space to hurt the likes of arsenal and the rags...Vinny needs to stay fit until the end of the season mind.

Last edited:
Just seen the penalty appeal for the first time. Super slow mo says correct decision but fuck me, I had to see about four different angles before I was convinced. Not sure how the ref spotted it in real time.

Can I draw your attention to penalty we gave away a few weeks ago against Liverpool. Clichy touches the ball, which goes out of reach of Frimino, but then there is contact between them and the ref gives a penalty, despite the face hits the player t Frimino was never reaching the ball after the tackle...

Today, while the ball brushes the keepers fingers it doesn't divert the ball away, and his outstretched arm brings Sane down which stops sane scoring. How can you possibly say no penalty??

It also highlights how differently we are reffed, compared to other teams. If that was The rags today, a penalty would have been given and reversely not in the Liverpool incident.

think i said it at the time.....clichy did get a touch on it you are right......now i cant remember if he hits firming first or gets the ball first ....

its always going to be different when a keeper is involved as well

Just think about it Simon for one minute.

Even if Forster gets the slightest touch, Leroy would have still got to that ball and slotted it in EXCEPT for Forster taking his legs away. Graham Poll cleared this up from the studio, it's a penalty.

so why doesn't sane appeal then and why does he say it wasn't a penalty?

i couldn't care less as in my view it aint a penalty and neither is it in sane's view or they refs at the time.......people need to get over the ref stuff on here...mistakes are made ( id not think this was one) and thats what makes the game exciting as there is sometimes human error.

You don't know Sane would have still got the ball either...you presume

True. If we could match our away form next season and bring fortress Etihad back we'd be looking at 90+ points though, would be nice.

Totally agree. It's that scary and this being City of course, I daren't say how good things might get as typical City is always lurking around the next corner, or in the next bush!!. Can we become the best team on the planet? Where's the whisky bottle I need more alcohol!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.