The French Presidential Election

RPhRU98.jpg

Marine2017

Nobody mentioned the arrests today of islamic extremists, bombs and a sub machine gun and a load of side arms were found. All of this goes to help Le Pen.

Nobody mentioned the arrests today of islamic extremists, bombs and a sub machine gun and a load of side arms were found. All of this goes to help Le Pen.
To be honest I think the amount of stuff like that in France will lead many who are normally anti-nationalist to vote for her, just so they feel a bit safer in their own country.

Those attacks have seen a small surge to both extreme right and left this week. Not good for fans of the EU as both candidates want out of the Europe and a Frexit would be the end of it.

It may have been worth shorting the Euro yesterday.

I'm bigoted against the French. I don't know why, possibly because I read a lot of history as a young kid and the French were often "the baddies" against the British.

I also feel that two countries who have spent the best part of a thousand years in varying states of war with each other won't just cleanse that culturally in a hundred years or so. I often find the French Government arrogant in their attitude towards Britain, and think they look down their noses at us.

It's weird that I think this. Especially because my experience with French people has never been anything but positive and one of the people I respect the most online lives in Paris. I fear this is probably what old racists feel like.

Those attacks have seen a small surge to both extreme right and left this week. Not good for fans of the EU as both candidates want out of the Europe and a Frexit would be the end of it.

Was looking at that position but I think the euro started to get sold heavily on the elevated poll ratings for Melenchon giving the euro an additional threat beyond le pen. Even if either one of them win and call a referendum on the EU or pulling France out of the Euro I suspect that the French as a whole will have little appetite for either. The followers of those two candidates are more concerned with immigration and employment but not to the extent of seeing the chaos that will ensue with reintroducing the Franc.

Long CHF would be my advice in case either/both of the candidates make the final two - Euro will be too volatile in either direction and the CHF acts as Europe's safe haven currency for volatility

I'm bigoted against the French. I don't know why, possibly because I read a lot of history as a young kid and the French were often "the baddies" against the British.

I also feel that two countries who have spent the best part of a thousand years in varying states of war with each other won't just cleanse that culturally in a hundred years or so. I often find the French Government arrogant in their attitude towards Britain, and think they look down their noses at us.

It's weird that I think this. Especially because my experience with French people has never been anything but positive and one of the people I respect the most online lives in Paris. I fear this is probably what old racists feel like.

I don't want this to sound like one of those AA meetings (no personal experience) where we sit around and 'fess up to our failings, but......

I cannot point to any bad experience in France. When I have been there on business and holidays I have only had good experiences and met friendly people.......but:

I have an inherent feeling of distrust - even dislike - towards the French government and politics. I do not see it though as "...what old racists feel like." There is plenty of evidence of how the French, within the EU, have acted against the UK's interests. Even now, it is Hollande that is at the vanguard of stating how the UK must be made to 'suffer'.

Was looking at that position but I think the euro started to get sold heavily on the elevated poll ratings for Melenchon giving the euro an additional threat beyond le pen. Even if either one of them win and call a referendum on the EU or pulling France out of the Euro I suspect that the French as a whole will have little appetite for either. The followers of those two candidates are more concerned with immigration and employment but not to the extent of seeing the chaos that will ensue with reintroducing the Franc.

Long CHF would be my advice in case either/both of the candidates make the final two - Euro will be too volatile in either direction and the CHF acts as Europe's safe haven currency for volatility
Yeah that's fair.

Though I did believe that Frexit was polling very closely. Far closer than in the UK 12 months before the referendum.

I was thinking about that yesterday, but in the end decided that Monday it'll be Macron (left) and Le Pen (right) through so it'll be business as normal on Monday. Anyway can you imagine the fallout on here if Le Pen wins the Presidency, it'll be absolutely (fucking epic) just too sad to contemplate.

I was thinking about that yesterday, but in the end decided that Monday it'll be Macron (left) and Le Pen (right) through so it'll be business as normal on Monday. Anyway can you imagine the fallout on here if Le Pen wins the Presidency, it'll be absolutely (fucking epic) just too sad to contemplate.

If she wins its the French peoples choice nothing to do with us and they live with any consequences that arise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.