Referees/Officials

There is no conspiracy.

Pep has failed this season and rightly deserves criticism.

If we had played better we wouldn't have discussed dodgy decisions, which happened to everybody.

If I was an outsider I could see myself getting confused and annoyed by him as some of his post-match interviews this season have been that of a child.

Sniff sniff

It's getting to a point where the refs are making up unwritten rules and the mainstream media are going along with it. This has been driving me mad for ages. I'll give a few examples;

1) I watched the BT Sport programme about refs last month. Michael Oliver was on there saying that depending on the game, the officials will discuss how to ref it before the match. Where is the transparency with that?

Let's say for instance that us and Tottenham are neck and neck for the Premier League title on the penultimate weekend of the season. We have United at home and Tottenham are at home to West Brom. Aguero and Kane both make the same challenge in the opening five minutes. Aguero isn't booked (I know, I know - but let's just pretend they don't favour one team over another) because they recognise it's a derby and, in their own words, let a few challenges go. Kane gets booked though because West Brom isn't a local derby for Spurs so misses the last game of the season whilst Aguero gets to play for us. This is decided purely by the fixture list rather than the rules of the game.

2) Yesterday, the commentators and Howard Webb were banging on about Pawson letting the game flow and not spoiling it by producing yellow cards too early. Arsenal were therefore permitted to run around kicking Silva for 20 odd minutes with no reprisal. Maybe they should let both teams, management teams and sets of supporters know the magical minute when they are going to clamp down so we're all aware. Maybe we could start Silva on the bench and bring him on after 30 minutes to ensure he's safe.

To say that reducing a team to 10 men spoils the game is ludicrous. It's not the referee who has spoilt the game, it's the thug who has decided that the only way he can deal with a player more talented than him is to try to injure him.

3) Diego Costa kicked Vincent Kompany with both feet, slamming his studs into our captain's knee at Stamford Bridge in full view of the referee but it wasn't really deemed serious enough to warrant a red card.

Oumar Niasse made minimal, if any contact with a Watford player on Saturday in a vital relegation game and was sent off because he "intended" to kick him. If Niasse was sent off for intent, what was Costa intending to do when he actually kicked Kompany?

4) Another one yesterday - the Arsenal penalty claim was said to be a stonewaller that balanced out Aguero not getting one. However, earlier in the game, there was identical contact on Yaya Toure. The commentators and Howard Webb laughed off the Yaya incident saying he was far too big to go down so easily. My question, like the time when yellow cards start, is how tall and heavy does a player need to be for him to be deemed "being soft"?

The game is currently unmanageable. The offside rule is open to interpretation and nobody, not even the referees or players, understands it. The officials can't keep up with the pace of the game. There is no appeal system when a clear mistake has cost a team a game. The referees are deciding how to officiate matches week by week - they tell us this. If a manager or player makes a mistake, it affects their club and everyone is welcome to give an opinion. If an official makes a mistake and a player or manager comments on it, they risk having their salary reduced. In the last week, City have been put out of the FA Cup and Bayern Munich the Champions League because of incompetency - and not their own.

I shudder to think of the implications of Hull losing that game on Saturday because if their 10 men had lost while Swansea won, relegation would have been a probability rather than a possibility. People (and I don't mean just players and managers) lose their livelihoods when a team goes down.

All of this doesn't matter though because Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher went for a day out and said that it's tough being a referee so we can all sleep easily.

Perhaps you should distribute this fine post by email maybe to the FA, The Premier League, and as many other forums as possible.

Or perhaps it will all even itself out in that one game & we will play like dogshit & get a totally undeserved victory thanks to a ref being utterly useless or just biased.

Pigs also might fly, but then again, Utd are also competing for top 4 with Liverpool & Arsenal, so you never know.

And it would be hilarious if our one 'even out' game was v them.

That final sentence is by far the most deluded stupidest thing ever written on this forum.......but then you know that dont you nev?

Anyone that can't see there is a clear Agenda towards our Club is fucking as blind as the Referees themselves. The Tone was set from the Second game of the new season. Raheem Sterling judged to have Grappled Ryan shawcross in the area from a set piece defending scenario. This, we were told was a new initiative for this season. I've not seen one single incident similar since! Not one! It's complete horse shit. They are picking opportunities to penalise us and are picking opportunities to wave our protests away. Then fining the club for the protest. Two players have seen it in the dressing room and made it public, again fined. Are we saying these players are lying? It's as clear as day and the players know it. So does Pep and I'm certain the board do. We as the fans must defend our club and act. We know what's going on and we are on to the fuckers. We need to let them know we know.

To be honest I think they looked at the two pens in that game and changed the rules because both were as soft as shit. They probably feared there would be 20 pens a week.

The club can't even be arsed saying anything so what's the point.

The only way to get the better of it is on the pitch.

I think we have had the shit end of the stick decision wise but it's the accumulation of errors that has taken it to this point. In isolation i could see why the decision on the goal was a tough one. He shouldn't be guessing though.

We need video replays now it is that simple and until we get them expect more of the same.

We are the only club to not make a fuss. Some of the shocking decision we have had this season, ignored by the club, ignored by the media and ignored by Mike Riley. Pawson should be demoted this week, but hardly a ripple and life moves on and we will get more shit decisions.

Mourinho was complaining about decisions earlier in the season and funny how they have have multiple decisions in their favour since.

I agree.
There was a time yesterday I just sat down and thought what is the point.
Funny, the same thought increasingly went through my mind the longer the match went on. I said on more than one occasion "they're not even subtle about the cheating any more". It was that blatant.
I'll see what happens on Thursday night (although I know exactly what is going to happen) before making a decision about the future. It's getting worse every week.

I the Navas one is a penalty then Xhaka hauling down Yaya in the box, is also a penalty.

Every grip by a defender inside the area should be a penalty. At the start of this season holding at corners was immediately dealt with by Monsignor Dean - one each for us and Stoke - and then the directive died the death because the same referees were either told that when the directive stated holding at corners was a penal offence, they didn't mean that holding at corners was to result in a penalty!

Same as crowding round the ref was to be sanctioned, and wasn't, until David Silva was captain and he politely asked Oliver WhyTF didn't we get a pen for the semi-assassination of Sterling by Milner. Instead MCFC get fined for not controlling their players.

Before the game I gave Pawson the benefit of doubt but he showed his true colours as the game unfolded.

Ever since he burst onto the PL scene I've thought that he was never up to the job. No natural authority, everything is done in the knowledge that every balls up can be hidden behind a yellow card if players complain, and that PiGMOL and The Farce will stand shoulder to shoulder and go through the match report with you to make sure the rubric stands up to scrutiny!

First dodgy decision Thursday we should sing this

"We're playing 12 men, we're playing 12 men, just like the last game we'll get cheated again"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.