Referees/Officials

Comments about us playing better to negate dodgy decisions are laughable, yesterday we scored one, had a perfectly good second wrongly disallowed, hit both the post and the bar, and were denied a blatant penalty. What more could we have done?

Funny, the same thought increasingly went through my mind the longer the match went on. I said on more than one occasion "they're not even subtle about the cheating any more". It was that blatant.
I'll see what happens on Thursday night (although I know exactly what is going to happen) before making a decision about the future. It's getting worse every week.

I know exactly what you mean because I said to the person sitting next to me, when they put up 1 minute in the 2nd et added on, "that should be at least 2 or 3 with all their time wasting but I am past caring now I just want this farce to be over! The officials have stuffed us." And I am one who shouts at every match; "We're Man City we fight to the end, the Boys in Blue never give in" and I did in the first half of extra time but gave up after that!!

We are the only club to not make a fuss. Some of the shocking decision we have had this season, ignored by the club, ignored by the media and ignored by Mike Riley. Pawson should be demoted this week, but hardly a ripple and life moves on and we will get more shit decisions.

Mourinho was complaining about decisions earlier in the season and funny how they have have multiple decisions in their favour since.

Mourinho moans about decisions going against his team before every game he knows the game like Slur fergie did moan like FCUCK

I'm beginning to think the bad decisions are part of the reason that we're not playing as well as we can. You can see it in the players body language. They look as if they expect the decisions to go against them. And when they do there's an air of fatalism about the team. A sort of "what can you do?" attitude.
I wouldn't disagree with that. There have certainly been moments where shoulders have dropped a bit after another poor decision and it isn't surprising, they are only human after all. But there is just no option other than to rise above it and show these fuckers by winning matches despite the rough justice. It has to be their motivation and drive them on, not defeat them.

To be honest I think they looked at the two pens in that game and changed the rules because both were as soft as shit. They probably feared there would be 20 pens a week.

The club can't even be arsed saying anything so what's the point.

The only way to get the better of it is on the pitch.

I think we have had the shit end of the stick decision wise but it's the accumulation of errors that has taken it to this point. In isolation i could see why the decision on the goal was a tough one. He shouldn't be guessing though.

We need video replays now it is that simple and until we get them expect more of the same.

the sooner the better, that goal of aguero's would have been given within a minute of video replays as would both penalty incidents
we have to stop officials giving decisions on a hunch because that's what they did
and as for the excuse of too early to give a yellow card - what a load of bollocks, if its bookable then book them

Ever since he burst onto the PL scene I've thought that he was never up to the job. No natural authority, everything is done in the knowledge that every balls up can be hidden behind a yellow card if players complain, and that PiGMOL and The Farce will stand shoulder to shoulder and go through the match report with you to make sure the rubric stands up to scrutiny!

Agreed

Perhaps you should distribute this fine post by email maybe to the FA, The Premier League, and as many other forums as possible.
There's just be the usual responses;

It evens itself out.
Sour grapes from City.
It's a tough job.

Not just our games but every week without fail there are horrendous decisions being made. They're not even bothered anymore. A Manchester United supporter got to referee Manchester United again yesterday. It's incredible.

They're not bad performances though, we score, disallowed, we create a chance, fouled in the box, no pen.
What do people want us do above that? We can't win as when we're on top we just get cheated out of it. The players look fucked yesterday, I wonder how much ofvthats down to them realising like a lot of us do that they just can't win.
My last comment on this as I'm posting the same in numerous threads;
How come in every big game we've played this season, at home & Europe, why have we not had a single big decision go our way? All the controversial ones have gone against.

We have had big decisions go our way you are just too blinkered to see them. Its just on this forum they get forgotten as this would undermine the narrative.

We have definitely had poor decisions this season though and some of the decisions have been shambolic but the argument is diluted when views become blinkered.

To be honest I think they looked at the two pens in that game and changed the rules because both were as soft as shit. They probably feared there would be 20 pens a week.

The club can't even be arsed saying anything so what's the point.

The only way to get the better of it is on the pitch.

I think we have had the shit end of the stick decision wise but it's the accumulation of errors that has taken it to this point. In isolation i could see why the decision on the goal was a tough one. He shouldn't be guessing though.

We need video replays now it is that simple and until we get them expect more of the same.
The club won't say anything because it can't. The players can't either. They are gagged by an institution that is corrupt to its core. It's no better than FIFA or UEFA. We, however are not. I've been involved in football all my life, at a variety of levels, as many on here have I've no doubt. This season has been the clearest attempt at skewing results as I've ever seen. Make no mistake I'm not Blind to the fact that we as a team have been awful at times, our own worst enemy on the pitch. However, I knew as soon as that decision was made at Stoke that something wasn't right and it's been a pattern all season. Ironically the other decision that sticks is on Sterling again, at home against Tottenham. I mean how in hell has the linesman or referee not seen the push? How? It's impossible. Absolutely impossible. If by some scrap of incompetence they didn't see it? They should of been sacked. It's their only job. To referee a football match. I appreciate they can't see or give everything everytime as other factors come into play but I'm sorry that was in the fucking open and everybody saw that push apart from two people? Bollocks! It's happening far to often to be accidental. By contrast some of our opposition are getting away with even more bizarre decisions! Not against them but for them? It stinks. Forget Tennis balls, whistles, banners. Fucking invade the pitch next time, get the game abandoned. That sounds drastic maybe? But I see no other alternative, Cheating should not be tolerated. It's about time we hit back. I'll be at the derby on Thursday and I'm already more worried about what bent decisions will decide the game.

Comments about us playing better to negate dodgy decisions are laughable, yesterday we scored one, had a perfectly good second wrongly disallowed, hit both the post and the bar, and were denied a blatant penalty. What more could we have done?

It's not just the missed chances that account for the lack of points and progress in some games. The wrong calls by referees have screwed us in the games against the very teams we are vying with for a CL place. Had the ref done his job in the CFC game, the Liverpool game and yesterday, to name but three, the missed chances are irrelevant. We reach FT with the points or progress to the next round. It can be argued that had we taken the chances the balls up by assorted refs would be irrelevant. I think it is an easier call to blow for a blatant penalty than for a striker to whip the ball home with two defenders chopping at his ankles. And it will also prey on our strikers' minds that they have to score 'cos if they are upended it's gonna be a goal kick, or a yellow for 'diving'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.