General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Prime Minister's Questions. It's when she gets questions and theoretically answers them. When Eton Dave was in charge he got questions then he gave the Flashman act back as the pissed yobs behind him rhubarbed away. With Maggie May getting the questions, she sets about not answering them, asks questions back, delivers some rehearsed one liners as the pissed toffs behind her rhubarb away. The Tory speaker doesn't pull the yobs behind her up for being pissed and then does his ego trip to the opposition when they shouting out!

PMSL

"Pro nuclear holocaust, pro killing the disabled..."

I have and never will be a Tory, but fuck me, WTF???

Top rant though. Gave me a giggle and cheered me up after the BullyOFive thread.
Well. Michael Fallon on Sunday said he would press the red button thus ending the world. The Tories have set about pushing the disabled to the edge! Some have killed themselves some have been killed. Tories kill the disabled!

My response to a thread with over 100 pages....

VOTE for NONE OF THE ABOVE

3 main parties can suck it .... All have terrible records. It's time to give someone else a go.

Have an infrastructure like they do in the Netherlands. High taxes but a brilliant flawless system. Oh and legalise cannabis whilst taxing it. Will raise over hundreds of millions dollars. Good for economy. Legalise prostitution and tax it. Done

If we crash out with no transition ( or implementation) phase to implement WTO rules then the resulting meltdown to our economy would make a Corbyn led government look like a picnic.
Movement to WTO on phased and planned basis would still be scary. The treasury estimate prior to the referendum was a 7.5% drop in GDP. Despite 'project fear' it doesn't seem unreasonable ( at least in the short term) and surprisingly the Government have not sought to confirm, deny or recalculate. I would still prefer a Corbyn led government to this scenario.
On the wider point of Jez getting elected. His policies are ok, would it really make much difference if he got in? Look what happened with the last three 'electable' PMs prior to the Christian - Cameron ( chaos of the EU ref as an attempt to solve Tory differences), Brown ( financial crisis, unregulated banks), Blair (Iraq). Who knows what will happen with the 'competent' reMAYner, lorries queuing from Dover to Leeds and economy in lockdown?

I agree with your comments on WTO. But eventually, after say 10 years, the economy would adapt and largely recover. And in 10 years time the political climate should have changed so that a hard brexit could be softened.

I really do believe that 5 years of a Corbyn government would be at least as catastrophic as far as the economy is concerned. I agree with a few of his policies,disagree with many, but worse than that I just dont think he's up to the job. I just dont think he would be capable of dealing with "events". And politically it could be even worse. After Labour messed up in the 70's we had 17 years of Tory rule followed by 13 years of Labour rule, neither of which was particularly healthy. Five years of Corbyn could turn us into a one party (Tory) state for decades.

Plus I also think that if Corbyn were to be in charge of the negotiations, even if he goes for a soft Brexit, he would mess it up.

Its a close call, hard brexit or Corbyn, but on balance I'd go for hard brexit.

Its a close call, hard brexit or Corbyn, but on balance I'd go for hard brexit.

Theresa May really is a ****. Either that or she'd thick as pig shit, and bearing in mind her litany of cockups since taking over, I don't rule that out.

She's campaigning on a "hard Brexit" ticket, when the referendum vote was 52%-48%. Clearly, none of the 48% want a hard Brexit. And presumably some of the 52% don't want a hard Brexit either, having been promised by the liars that they could keep full and free access to the EU markets and all the EU benefits once we left. So she's unilaterally decided to campaign with a proposition that is probably appealing to LESS than 50% of the electorate. What a total moron.

If she keeps her trap shut, she's got a 20 point lead on Labour and she waltzes in to a massive majority. By overtly campaigning on this hard Brexit ticket, all it will do is narrow her lead so she'll be lucky if she gets a clear majority at all. I suspect the lying cow has been pro-Brexit all along and only said she was pro Remain since at the time, she thought Remain would win and she didn't want to be backing the losing side. That would certainly explain her pathetically inadequate campaigning for Remain and her Brexit-Nazi stance ever since.

I am a passionate Tory supporter and have been all my life, having voted Tory in every general election and local council elections. And at now 56 years of age, for the first time in my life this useless PM has me seriously considering voting for Lib Dem. If Corbyn wasn't such a communist, I might even consider voting for him, but clearly that's out.

If people as right wing as me feel like this, God knows how many votes she's going to lose from Remainers who aren't so committed to voting Tory. I think she's in for one hell of a fright come polling day.

Clearly, none of the 48% want a hard Brexit.

I don't believe this is true. Certainly a majority would prefer a softer Brexit, but I think it's a long way off everybody. A soft Brexit is essentially remaining tied to the EU without having the influence to affect policy. I've seen plenty of comments from former remainers saying that on a choice between that and a hard Brexit, they'd pick hard Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.