Referees/Officials

FIFA have confirmed that video refereeing will be used at the 2018 World Cup, which Is a positive development.

That's old news from about 4 years ago but only scratched the surface. There were a number of convictions but it was really only about one ring and a handful of people. I believe the FBI is now collecting evidence on a much wider scale about domestic match-fixing in the UK and they won't fuck about.
That could be amazing

That's old news from about 4 years ago but only scratched the surface. There were a number of convictions but it was really only about one ring and a handful of people. I believe the FBI is now collecting evidence on a much wider scale about domestic match-fixing in the UK and they won't fuck about.

Hmmm.... Interesting, I wonder how the FA and PGMOL will try to cover their stuff up. But I would like to see how their investigation turns out tho

FIFA have confirmed that video refereeing will be used at the 2018 World Cup, which Is a positive development.

That is good news.
I know I saw a couple of weeks ago a France v Spain International that was supposed to be a trial match with video refs in preparation for said even t so confirmation is excellent.

The game itself showed same areas of contention we see today except mistakes (eg offside goals etc) were rectified despite being initially given by match ref.
David Silva scored a video ref given penalty for Spain.
Players accepted decisions and a minimum of delay.

Our England team may give all in UK something they will want during Russian Tournament so hopefully will have to be implemented by PL.

Hmmm.... Interesting, I wonder how the FA and PGMOL will try to cover their stuff up. But I would like to see how their investigation turns out tho
A US Federal investigation sounds an interesting prospect, but then you have to consider the diplomatic angle. If said investigation turned up evidence of widespread corruption involving the FArce/PGMOL/PL (Gill/Reilly/Scudamore), and it transpired that League positions were being manipulated by underhand and devious means then it would pretty much be the end of football as we know it.

Considering the amount of revenue that the Tax Man gets from football related activity (sponsorship/transfers/advertising/ticket sales/betting), do you really think the government would want the lid blowing on this, or do you think that they would come to some sort of agreement with the US Government to suppress any evidence?

Last edited:
A US Federal investigation sounds an interesting prospect, but then you have to consider the diplomatic angle. If said investigation turned up evidence of widespread corruption involving the FArce/PGMOL/PL (Gill/Reilly/Scudamore), and it transpired that League positions were being manipulated by underhand and devious means then it would pretty much be the end of football as we know it.

Considering the amount of revenue that the Tax Man gets from football related activity (sponsorship/transfers/advertising/ticket sales/betting), do you really think the government would want the lid blowing on this, or do you think that they would come to some sort of agreement with the US Government to suppress any evidence?

Exactly the case, the cost of any wrong doings would be astronomical even to those being wronged, Sheikh Mansour's investment in City would be lost in an instant

Exactly the case, the cost of any wrong doings would be astronomical even to those being wronged, Sheikh Mansour's investment in City would be lost in an instant
I really don't know what the solution would be. I'm almost resigned to accepting it is bent, and in some ways I wish I didn't know. Unfortunately, that particular genie is out of the bottle, and for me football will be forever tainted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.