Referees/Officials

I really don't know what the solution would be. I'm almost resigned to accepting it is bent, and in some ways I wish I didn't know. Unfortunately, that particular genie is out of the bottle, and for me football will be forever tainted.

This all day....wish I didn't have such doubts its ruining the game for me you can bet your oh yeh we get shafted tonight

A US Federal investigation sounds an interesting prospect, but then you have to consider the diplomatic angle. If said investigation turned up evidence of widespread corruption involving the FArce/PGMOL/PL (Gill/Reilly/Scudamore), and it transpired that League positions were being manipulated by underhand and devious means then it would pretty much be the end of football as we know it.

Considering the amount of revenue that the Tax Man gets from football related activity (sponsorship/transfers/advertising/ticket sales/betting), do you really think the government would want the lid blowing on this, or do you think that they would come to some sort of agreement with the US Government to suppress any evidence?

True, but I'm starting to feel like it's worth it, to have the upheaval of the system done by the FBI

Maybe now YaYa has come out and said something and it has been widely reported the officials this evening will be extra careful about their decision making. ...........................

And I've just had matron in delivering the anti-delusional tablets!!!!!

That is good news.
I know I saw a couple of weeks ago a France v Spain International that was supposed to be a trial match with video refs in preparation for said even t so confirmation is excellent.

The game itself showed same areas of contention we see today except mistakes (eg offside goals etc) were rectified despite being initially given by match ref.
David Silva scored a video ref given penalty for Spain.
Players accepted decisions and a minimum of delay.

Our England team may give all in UK something they will want during Russian Tournament so hopefully will have to be implemented by PL.

Watched the France vs Spain game. The Ref had a reasonable game overall but the three big decisions referred to the video ref - he got wrong. Without the video ref the result would have been different. The reviews took seconds, the players accepted the decisions etc. Interestingly on Sunday Supplement Custis and Co were recently rehearsing arguments against video technology- 'it'll take all night' etc. clearly the likes of the Rags and the Dippers will be briefing against this - they have so much to lose.

Watched the France vs Spain game. The Ref had a reasonable game overall but the three big decisions referred to the video ref - he got wrong. Without the video ref the result would have been different. The reviews took seconds, the players accepted the decisions etc. Interestingly on Sunday Supplement Custis and Co were recently rehearsing arguments against video technology- 'it'll take all night' etc. clearly the likes of the Rags and the Dippers will be briefing against this - they have so much to lose.

As I understand it there are rules that apply to getting goals scored and goals decide the result of football matches.
The referee is the man who applies the rules therefore he should embrace any practice that allows him to be correct. How can any FA resist vid tech implementation without leaving themselves open to accusations of allowing their refs to possibly make mistakes regarding rules of scoring.

Getting the score right is the refs job so let him have every aid possible to allow that to happen.

As I understand it there are rules that apply to getting goals scored and goals decide the result of football matches.
The referee is the man who applies the rules therefore he should embrace any practice that allows him to be correct. How can any FA resist vid tech implementation without leaving themselves open to accusations of allowing their refs to possibly make mistakes regarding rules of scoring.

Getting the score right is the refs job so let him have every aid possible to allow that to happen.

I agree 100 per cent. The game will be so much better for this.

Supporters are frustrated and not using these decisions to cover for an under achieving season, even the players have made comments. There are no signs at all that these decisions will even themselves out over this season.

Someone recently mentioned they believe it's subconscious with the officials due to all the poor media and bias we receive, I reckon there could be some truth in that.
Penalising City rather than any other club in the top six carries the least controversy, there is some truth to that. When in doubt, shaft City.

Anyone else feel we will get an outrageous decision tonight that isn't decisive but goes our way so the corruptors have something to focus on ad nauseum, just to shut us up?

Surely they can't keep shafting us? Not again. But I've been saying that all season......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.