Middlesbrough (a) pre-match thread (team news pg 15)

Middlesbrough prediction

• Win

Votes: 224 89.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing direct from pep today so far but this from beeb sport

Gaston Ramirez is back in contention for Middlesbrough after missing the win over Sunderland because of suspension.

Fabio could start after coming off the bench in that match, but Victor Valdes and Grant Leadbitter remain sidelined.

Manchester City will be without goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, whose season could be over after he suffered a calf injury in the Manchester derby.

There are concerns over the fitness of David Silva and John Stones, but Bacary Sagna returns after five weeks out.
I thought he'd broken a fingernail when catching the ball.

;-)

Simply have to win this no less than 3pts.

Caballero

Zaba Kompany Otamendi Clichy

Fernandinho

Sterling KDB Silva Sane

Aguero

Hopefully Silva is fit Jesus will be on the bench again imo. Boro are Championship standard and I fully expect 3pts going for a 3-0 City win.

Come on City
No more clichy,boro will be all about crosses into the box and he stops zero of them,i'm done with him for that

Other than Willy it will be hard to predict who Pep will pick. The rest of the defence should remain the same. Sane could do with a break as he is struggling but that could harm his confidence, Yaya is flagging by playing two intensive games but with Silva 50/50 we could with the extra bit of control in midfield alongside De Bruyne and Fernandinho. Jesus could do with more time but it is probably too soon for him to be given a start.

Last edited:
I think Sane is goosed, he's looked knackered against Arsenal and Utd. Think Nolito should come in for him on Sunday and play Jesus up front with Aguero.

potentially a very good shout.....im really wondering why Nolito hanse featured more...he isn't even making the bench sometimes........

3-5-2 please and just go for it

Willy

Navas
Vinny
Sagna

Sterling
Kdb
Yaya
Dinho
Sane

Aguero
Jesus

I would go 2 up top as Boro can be very hard to break down.

Even if Boro score one I can't see them getting two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.