Alex Sandro

According to the Brazilian Goal journalist, we are interested in Alves, Sandro and Bonucci, and would offer over €100m for the last two combined.

They also say Juve are looking at Roma LB Emerson as a replacement for €25m.

I have a weird feeling that won't be near enough for Sandro and Bonucci. Chiellini and Barzagli are 32 and 36, respectively. With Bonucci being 30, I feel like they'd need to hold onto Bonucci to transition to a defense without those two. If they lose Bonucci, they'd need to go after a new pair of CBs and a backup. Losing Sandro on top of that doesn't bode well with Alves being 34. I feel like they'd require alot more to replace their two established talents and make moves to replenish the entire defense going forward. For now, I'd say just go for Sandro and look for other options at CB.

I have a weird feeling that won't be near enough for Sandro and Bonucci. Chiellini and Barzagli are 32 and 36, respectively. With Bonucci being 30, I feel like they'd need to hold onto Bonucci to transition to a defense without those two. If they lose Bonucci, they'd need to go after a new pair of CBs and a backup. Losing Sandro on top of that doesn't bode well with Alves being 34. I feel like they'd require alot more to replace their two established talents and make moves to replenish the entire defense going forward. For now, I'd say just go for Sandro and look for other options at CB.

I don't think any amount of money would get both. Juve just woudn't sell 2 of their key players, just like we wouldn't sell 2 of ours.

I could imagine us going in for 2 though in full knowledge of that and maybe coming out with Sandro with everyone thinking they've won.

I don't think any amount of money would get both. Juve just woudn't sell 2 of their key players, just like we wouldn't sell 2 of ours.

I could imagine us going in for 2 though in full knowledge of that and maybe coming out with Sandro with everyone thinking they've won.

That seems like a good scenario, really. The fee for Sandro alone would be enough to get 2 new LBs. The weird thing for me, is that Sandro is Juve's youngest defender by far, even at 26. His backup is 30, while Alves and Lichtsteiner at RB are 33 and 34. Having players like that may get you the Serie A title, but for a club like Juve who are always looking to win the UCL, they just don't seem good enough going into the next few seasons. Another theory I've just thought of is them selling Dybala for a huge sum and putting it all towards replenishing the defense.

That seems like a good scenario, really. The fee for Sandro alone would be enough to get 2 new LBs. The weird thing for me, is that Sandro is Juve's youngest defender by far, even at 26. His backup is 30, while Alves and Lichtsteiner at RB are 33 and 34. Having players like that may get you the Serie A title, but for a club like Juve who are always looking to win the UCL, they just don't seem good enough going into the next few seasons. Another theory I've just thought of is them selling Dybala for a huge sum and putting it all towards replenishing the defense.

I mean...34 year old Alves just scored 1 and got 3 assists of the 4 goals Juve scored in the semi-final.

Bonucci & Chiellini have got a good few years left in them, and Barzagli is being replaced already by Rugani (22).

Then they'll definitely have a bunch of Italy's best young players bought up and on loan developing around the country.

I mean...34 year old Alves just scored 1 and got 3 assists of the 4 goals Juve scored in the semi-final.

Bonucci & Chiellini have got a good few years left in them, and Barzagli is being replaced already by Rugani (22).

Then they'll definitely have a bunch of Italy's best young players bought up and on loan developing around the country.

I know he played phenomenally yesterday, but I just don't know if the players they have out on loan would be good enough for their standards once Alves decides to retire or move to another club. You're right about Rugani, and I also forgot they have Benatia out on loan as well. I think they're set for CB for another few years, I just don't know if they would take the gamble of losing Sandro without a proper replacement. But hopefully, we offer them enough to get a new LB and cover for Alves at RB.

I know he played phenomenally yesterday, but I just don't know if the players they have out on loan would be good enough for their standards once Alves decides to retire or move to another club. You're right about Rugani, and I also forgot they have Benatia out on loan as well. I think they're set for CB for another few years, I just don't know if they would take the gamble of losing Sandro without a proper replacement. But hopefully, we offer them enough to get a new LB and cover for Alves at RB.
They have a young Spanish RB, Pol Lirola who is decent

According to the Brazilian Goal journalist, we are interested in Alves, Sandro and Bonucci, and would offer over €100m for the last two combined.

They also say Juve are looking at Roma LB Emerson as a replacement for €25m.
Coz they are smart. Emerson by the way will be a better fit for what we do, or want to do. Or perhaps I should say, what I think we should try to do.

Edit: After reading the post above I'm beginning to feel all these interest in Juve players is all paper talk and will all amount to nothing. I should stop bothering my head about it.

Last edited:
Coz they are smart. Emerson by the way will be a better fit for what we do, or want to do. Or perhaps I should say, what I think we should try to do.

Edit: After reading the post above I'm beginning to feel all these interest in Juve players is all paper talk and will all amount to nothing. I should stop bothering my head about it.

Do you think Pep and our huge array of scouts aren't aware of Roma's starting left back? Do you think he's some big secret that "Oh if only Pep knew about him, he'd get Emerson instead!"

Of course they are, but he's not our target, so if Pep is going for Alex Sandro it's because he knows he can do everything he wants his Left back to do better than everyone else on the market.

You repeatedly saying Alex Sandro is an unintelligent player who doesn't fit Pep's plans doesn't make it so, and the number of reputable sources reporting Guardiola's interest both this year and last year points to the exact opposite actually.

Last edited:
Do you think Pep and our huge array of scouts aren't aware of Roma's starting left back? Do you think he's some big secret that "Oh if only Pep knew about him, he'd get Emerson instead!"

Of course they are, but he's not our target, so if Pep is going for Alex Sandro it's because he knows he can do everything he wants his Left back to do better than everyone else on the market.

You repeatedly saying Alex Sandro is an unintelligent player who doesn't fit Pep's plans doesn't make it so, and the number of reputable sources reporting Guardiola's interest points to the exact opposite actually.
Don't know if he fits Pep's plans... I'll leave that to Pep. Maybe unintelligent is a strong word, but he does that thing Kolarov sometimes does when he'll take shots from impossible angles when a pass or not taking the shot was so obviously the right decision.

Sandro does it with dribbling and trying to force passes into unnecessarily tight spaces. Its just an observation.

On a side note, this is the 3rd time you've pulled the "Pep knows better" card in a discussion with me. Which is strange seeing as you railed vociferously against it when it was used against you.

I am simply going to paraphrase you and say even though it goes without saying that Pep knows more than I do, and he is a better judge of talent, he too can get it wrong with his evaluations... I reckon you know this seeing as you have correctly argued that point in the very near past.

So probably best we both hid your advice and stay away from appeals to authority or else what is the point of having an opinion on a forum. Be that informed or otherwise. :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.